“Nice Overnight Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a very nice double queen room with a refrigerator and microwave. It was attractively decorated but the bathroom showed some wear. The indoor pool was large and looked very inviting. Breakfast offered a good variety and attendants kept the room well supplied and clean. There was quite a bit of noise during the evening but it settled down by bedtime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so pleased that your enjoyed your stay, We work hard to provide an inviting hotel to our guests. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing your again. Safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the third time in three years that I have stayed at this hotel. The previous visit (last summer) I noticed that the condition of the hotel seemed to be worn and there was a lot of noise/rowdiness during that visit. However, I decided to give the hotel another chance and was extremely pleased with the changes/upgrades that were made (ie. breakfast room, linens, pool area, etc.). Front desk staff was very nice, hubby and I enjoyed the coffee area and the kiddos loved the cookies at the front desk. Breakfast had something to offer for everyone, staff was helpful and the changes made to the room were a great improvement. Room was what you typically would expect, clean, quiet, with new bedding. Hotel convenient to many restuarants/fast food, walking distance to Cracker Barrel. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for noticing the improvements to the hotel. It has been a labor of love but we are very proud of the new design to our breakfast room. The staff and I are excited for the changes underway at the property, new TVS, curtains and softseating will be installed in September. Thank you for staying, and we look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We used a combination of points and cash to get a much more expensive suite than we would normally consider. The suite was spacious, clean, comfortable, two TVs. The pool was wonderful and is open more hours than other hotels which was perfect for us. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast was on plates. Breakfast staff were always on hand ready to assist. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind review of the CIS Beckley. We are glad that your points earned came in handy and we do preach the importance of the Club Carlson program, thank you for being a loyal member. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to serving you and yours in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived in Beckley without a hotel reservation and many places were booked, with only smoking rooms left. Country Inn and Suites had a suite available at a great sale price, and we only needed to get one room, since it slept 6! We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and considerate staff, the comfortable and well appointed room, that had everything, and an amazing breakfast with oatmeal and fruit salad - plus all the stuff my kids love. The hotel was nearly full, but everything flowed smoothly for our stay. We even had the outdoor hottub to ourselves for awhile. Our room (3rd floor) was quiet and the beds were great. We liked that the hotel is all non-smoking, too. They even had nice extras - coffee in the lobby, apples, bananas, and cookies, too! Yummy!

Room Tip: Suite on third floor was great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the nice review of the CIS Beckley, WV. The Staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your accolades with the team at our next employee function. Your review will continue to inspire my employees that hospitality is what we do, and we strive to become the top hotel in Beckley in regards to service and quality. Again, thank you we look forward to your next visit with us!

Safe Travels.

Jerry D Smith

Reviewed June 27, 2013

In all fairness, I should start this review by stating that what I found disappointing about my stay here (a musty smell in the room) was not a major issue. More importantly, I did not take the time to complain to the Front Desk about it, and give them a chance to address the problem - I just turned the temperature setting on the AC down enough to keep the air in the room circulating.
In fact, this is a nicely maintaind property. Outside of the fact that I could detect a slightly musty smell in the room whenever I came back ino the room, it looked clean, and it was nicely furnished. There was one other little glitch in that when I checked out at 5:00 AM the next morning, I was not able to get a "zero balance" statement from the Night Manager at the Front Desk. (As you know, you need that for filing an expense report. So when I checked into the hotel the evening before, I asked the young lady at Reception whether or not this might be a problem if I checked out at 5:00 AM. of course, her response was "That won't be any problem at all, sir!".) They did e-mail a "zero balance" statement to me the next day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am sorry that your room smelled musty. Please call me at 304-252-5100 or email at jsmith@hlihotels.com so we can discuss your concerns. Again, thank you for staying and we hope you would consider us in the future.

Safe travels.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. This was the first time I have ever stayed at a Country Inn (The Holiday Inn Express was full). It was excellent. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. Great beds. The pool was fantastic; large indoor/outdoor pool entertained the kids quite effectively. Breakfast was above-average. Fresh cookies when you check in. Staff was very helpful. Room was quiet enough on a Friday night. Also cheaper than the HIX next door. If this hotel is representative of all Country Inns, then I will start considering them for my business travel as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for such a nice review of this hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and just
wanted to say thank you for your glowing recommendation. We work hard to provide that home away
from home feeling, and we are glad that are efforts are noticed. We hope to see you again.

Thanks