Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV
HolidayInn.com
$89
$60
1,200 results
All reviewsfront porchindoor outdoor poolrocking chairscookiescracker barrelhot tubbiscuits and gravyroom was cleanking suitewould stay here againwest virginiabreakfast staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areawafflesfresh fruitgreat place to stay
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed here many times. We usually get a suite because our sons travel with us. Recently my husband and I stayed here and chose a king suite which included a jacuzzi. Hubby loves a jacuzzi but what I loved was the shower with 2 shower heads!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for the king review! The staff and I work hard to make this hotel a nice place to stay and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. I will share your comments to the staff and I hope to see you again real soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stopped here for the night on our way back from Tennessee. It was a rainy Friday evening when we arrived. We originally attempted to stay at the Hampton Inn which was across the street but they were full so we thought we would give Country Inn a try since it had a ranking of number 2 on here. Check-in wasn't a problem, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to get a suite for a reduced rate- $146/ngt. Got to the room and it was fairly clean but very dull and boring but for one night it would do. About an hour after getting settled the nightmare began. This hotel must be built cheaply with very thin walls because it sounded like the occupants above us were going to come through the floor. They must have had young children that were jumping and running like crazy. We have two children as well (10 and 3) but would never let them go wild crazy in public or in the privacy of our room. I made a call to the front desk from my cell phone since the phone in the room wouldnt work but they were so busy that they couldnt get to it right away. About two hours later of constant noise a employee came to our room and asked if we had a complaint and that she needed to come inside to hear it. As soon as she walked it her eyes widened and said "that is ridicious" and stated she would handle it. A few minutes later the noise finally stopped (11:00 p.m.). We were finally able to get our three year old to sleep. As the night went on I tossed and turned realizing that it was burning up in the room. I turned the air as far down as it would go but the air would only come on for a few minutes and go off. The entire night it only came on twice for a few minutes. Around five-thirty in the morning the room started to cool off alittle and I fell asleep. At six in the morning the noise above us started again, just as loud as the night before. The temperature in the room started to rise again. At this point I was exhausted and so irratated. I got dressed and walked to the front desk (since the phone in room was broken) and vented my frustrations. I told them about the noise and about the air not working. The girl was friendly and stated we would have sent up a maintenance person if you would have called. I told her the phone didnt work, it was three in the morning and I didnt want to wake my kids who slept through the heat. She apologized for the issues and immediately went to handle the noise complaint. I got back to the room and decided to pack up and leave. As we were leaving I observed the breakfast area and it was crazy busy, loud and the food smelled horrible. As we were leaving the girl at the front desk stopped me and again apologized and told me that my stay was reduced to half. I appreciated the reduction but based on the conditions felt that the whole night should have been compped.
You can read my other reviews and see that I dont give out too many low ratings so beware of staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steelmoney58

I am so sorry that your stay was not pleasant. We strive to make things right for our guests and I am sorry this was not the case. Please contact me at 304-252-5100 or email jsmith@hlihotels.com so I can personally address your concerns.

Jerry D. Smith

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm extremely picky about my hotels, but I loved this one. They have both an indoor pool that is connected to the outdoor pool, a hot tub both indoors and outdoors, and fresh baked cookies. The check in staff were very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable. This hotel far exceeded my expectations. If you need a hotel in this area, this one is for you.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn and Suites of Beckley, WV. It was our pleasure serving you, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed our stay! I will share your comments with the staff at our next meeting. We hope to see you again soon, our light is always on.

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great bed and pillows, but traffic noice was very noticeable. The breakfast buffet was very good with a lot of selections. Also one of the best and most spacious porch areas for people who like to relax outside of their rooms. Unfortunately the hotel can't control the traffic noise, but they did do a great job on their part

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside so traffic noice won't be as noticeable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. We do recognize that the traffic can be loud at times, and we are sorry that the noise may have bother you during your stay. However we are most pleased with your kind words about the hotel. My staff and I work hard to make things right for the guest, and we are thankful you noticed are efforts. We hope to see you again soon, the light on the porch is always on!

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I've stayed at this hotel and it was very good. Everything looked to be clean and in good condition. Comfortable bed and pillows. Good breakfast both hot and cold items. Nice porch area with rocking chairs to relax and talk. Very convenient location off I-77 and close to many restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. We take pride in a job well done and it is very rewarding when someone notices are efforts. The staff will be pleased with the glowing review, and we do thank you for staying with us! Safe travels,