“GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP...”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Toronto, Canada
“GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP...”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here on the way back from a trip from myrtle beach to toronto. I was very impressed with this place. They have a huge pool with indoor and outdoor hot tub. Nice breakfest in the morning. Staff was great even though the property was full to capacity. Lots of places to eat around in the area. Would recommend to anyone wanting a break from a long drive. My kids enjoyed the amenities as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. It was our pleasure serving you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again real soon. We value your kind words, and I will share the praise to the staff at our monthly meeting. Again, thank you and safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Maryland, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this hotel as okay. Not good, not bad, just okay. Looks a little on the dingy side for my taste. Clean enough for most people I guess, but not for me considering the cost of the room. Photos speak for themselves.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessie_L983
Hello, I am so sorry for the unpleasant stay you have experienced with this hotel. Could you please give me a call at 304-252-5100 or email me at jsmith@hlihotels.com to talk about your stay. Your insights are invaluable and I look forward to speaking with you.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed two nights and well never stay there agian. The hotel was being renovated. The complementary breakfast was located in a vary small area were by 9AM everything was trashed. The room we stayed in sounded like a jack hammer pounding all night. The pool was closed for cleaning so my kids had no where to swim as promised. My bill was inflated 50 dollars more then originally agreed on. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank carls2013
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am so sorry for the unpleasant stay, please call me at 304-252-5100 or email at jsmith@hlihotels.com so I can address your concerns.

General Managert
Milford, MI
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way from Hilton Head to Detroit. It's fine for a lower priced inn. Room was spacious and clean. The people were courteous. The morning breakfast was pretty standard. They are in the process of remodeling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. We are working hard to renovate this hotel and should have the first phase complete in the next two weeks. I will share your kind words with the staff, and we look forward to serving you soon. Take care and safe travels!

Oak Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Chose this hotel for for having whirlpool suites and heated indoor pool. The suite was very nice with a microwave, fridge, small sink, oak cabinets, table, pull out sofa, two tv's, double head shower, king size bed, large whirlpool tub for two, and all other expected amenities. (The whirlpool is separate from the bathroom.) The indoor pool was a bit too chilly for me, but to my surprise there was a large jacuzzi/spa at the pool which served my purpose. My partner thought the pool was fine. Breakfast was a little skimpy without having fresh fruit and mainly processed foods. The hotel itself was very clean in spite of currently undergoing renovations. (Looks like they're redoing the breakfast area.) Overall, I am pleased, would recommend to others, and hope to return the next time I need a getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review, we should have the lobby / breakfast renovations completed in the next two weeks. We are excited for the new look and hope the guest enjoy the new spaces as well. Again thank you for the review, we look forward to serving you on your next trip to the area. Safe travels!

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for a recent church youth group trip over MLK weekend. They did a very good job with several youth groups, some large, at the hotel that weekend. Rooms are basic yet clean: Pantene shampoo, hair dryer, small fridge, and microwave. Free wifi and a couple of computers in the lobby. Kids enjoyed the heated pool because you could swim between indoors and outdoors. There was a large, non jet hot tub inside and a smaller jetted hot tub outside. Good hotel breakfast. Hot items were good biscuits, sausage gravy, hash, frisbee eggs (yuck anywhere), sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, doughnuts, toast, juice, milk, and coffee. Hotel also shares a parking lot with Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We take pride in providing a nice facility for our guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently under renovations with a completion date for the pool, breakfast room, lobby, exercise room and business center by March 15th. We have added the new flat panel TVs' replaced all the guestroom and hallway carpet and will be changing the drapes and soft seating in all guest rooms. We are excited about the new look and we hope you come back and see the new Country Inn and Suites. Again, thank you and safe travels!

Toronto
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stopped here while en route and it was pretty average. The room smelled a little musty, but the linens and bathroom were relatively clean. It was pet friendly which was a bonus for us. The hotel is doing some renovations so the breakfast is served in another building which is a short walk away, but we had my 83 year old grandmother with us and going down a set of concrete steps, outside, in the freezing weather for breakfast wasn't ideal. Overall, it's your average interstate hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. Your review will assist my team in offering the best accommodation while delivering first class service. The staff and I work hard to make the hotel right for the traveler who visits our property, always trying to bring the home while you are away from home. Again, thank you for staying and safe travels where ever the road may bring you,