“Not as good ---”

Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Hamilton, Canada
“Not as good ---”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant location for several years. This year : two letters on the outside electric sign were not lit & inside the staff had changed--both not good indicators of success.
We were welcomed and seated immediately and received prompt courteous service. Our food was generously portioned & cooked to order, except for the fries which appeared & tasted as though they had already been fried---a few times ?? I should have sent them back.
My husband enjoyed his steak & baked potato & the salads were fresh with dressing on the side. A loaf of bread & butter is also offered.
The restaurant chain has good prices.
On our exit, there were several empty booths & empty tables as well and yet, several parties were waiting in the entrance area--had not yet been seated. That is not good!
Unfortunately, this experience has lowered my opinion of this restaurant--lights out on the sign, refried food & guests waiting while tables & booths are available.

“Where's the beef?”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Outback is really going the wrong direction in serving size. We thought we had ordered a lunch portion when we got our steaks. They were good and cooked right, but not the steak you used to get at Outback. Our Outback days are over! We'll find another steak house that its portion size doesn't remind us of the kiddies menu.

Visited October 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“no busboys = bad service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Our server was so busy cleaning tables that we waited for new drinks and our food. Plus it seems the cost cutting had gone further because my salad had two big pieces of lettuce stalk in it. I talked to the manager and he was like oh well. Then he pointed out that it is gross that servers were cleaning dirty tables then serving. But not to worry he said, they wash their hands so much that their skin is almost raw. Yum!

Avon, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,583 helpful votes
“A Good Steak Dinner”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped by for dinner here while visiting the Beckley area during the Boy Scout Jamboree which created quite a few crowds and issues with service at some locations. We arrived towards the end of the dinner rush and were fortunate to be seated quickly without a wait. We placed our orders and while our meals were a little slow in coming-up, likely due the crowds, our drinks were kept topped off and they came around with complementary appetizers samples a couple of times which was a nice touch. Our meals were good and satisfying. While our experience was not perfect, it was one of our better meals in Beckley and better than our meal at Lonestar latter in the week.

• Visited July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Steak Switch”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've been to many Outbacks, and have enjoyed all of them. That's why I keep going back. But this one was the worst of 9 or 10 I've visited. The waitress was obviously new; she did not bring utensils until having to be asked. But that was minor compared to the food.

I'm a fool for the Outback Special steak. They are almost always tender, well cooked, and look just like the ones shown on their advertising--round and thick, and even though they're top sirloin, they look like a filet.

The steak they brought me was flat, and I mean flat. It was tough--very, very tough. It was medium well, not medium rare as I'd asked. I sent it back, thinking it was just an error. The second one was just like it--about an inch thick and flat as a piece of flounder.

Never have I seen a restaurant that failed as miserably to provide what I'd bought--not once, but twice. The franchise needs to check this outlet thoroughly--NOT good!