“Updated Rooms in a Good Location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Beckley

Hampton Inn Beckley
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Pickerington, Ohio
“Updated Rooms in a Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

My family and I recently drove to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving. We stopped at the Beckley Hampton Inn halfway through the drive. I had chosen this location because it was located right off of I-77 in Beckley. It had also received good reviews on Trip Advisor. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. The hotel staff was friendly. There was an adequate free breakfast buffet in the morning. The rooms were very quiet and decorated nicely. The bathrooms were large and fully furnished. There is free wireless internet, which my teenage daughter loved! My only warning would be the beds. We had a room with two double beds and the beds were really small. We ended up paying for a rollaway bed. There is no way two regular-sized people could share one bed. The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed here based on prior Trip Advisor comments, we typically try to stay at Hampton Inns. We were meeting family in Beckley for Thanksgiving.

Upon our arrival I was shocked to see food crumbs in the lobby sitting area and breakfast area on the floor - that is the very first things you see when you walk through the lobby doors - I didn't even see the sign for the front desk due to the breakfast nook wall for the TV at first.

We inquired at the front desk how long the hotel had been established - 18 years with remodel in 2009. I will say the decor in my opinion was shabby chic with deep rich color tones. We arrived well before check in time but there was a room available first floor - 114 right next to the exercise room.

The room was very large, spacious, trendy, and extremely clean! The negatives of the room - the drawers in which to store items in was very small - basically the night stand drawers beside the beds. The bathroom while kinda small definately utilized every possible aspect of space but did not leave alot of room to store toiletries on.

The king size bed - um - while for some it may be comfortable, but it wasn't the standard Hampton Inn bed my husband and I are use to - it was rather firm and made sleeping difficult. And since we were close to the interstate and first floor I could hear the traffic easily over top of the heating system.

The business center - well it's not a room - it's just a computer and printer sitting in the hallway to the front desk - in other words you have no privacy and when you sit in the chair individuals have to walk around you to get to the front desk. But I am thankful I got to utilize the internet while there.

THe breakfast bar - no meat provided and the eggs had to either been frozen or powdered - they were gritty feeling and not a good flavor - the other standard fair - ie fresh waffle, fruit, yogurt was good. And that leads to the appearance of the breakfast area - I have to take into consideration this was a holiday weekend - but the chase/lounge couch like seats at some of the tables definately needed cleaning from prior spills, and the long bar like table needed a good scrubbing from what appeared to be greasy smear marks on the table - my husband and I were the only couple in the breakfast area at first so I can't say it was from prior guest - we were there around 6:30am.

When the remodel was done in 2009 I think more thought should have been put into the layout of the breakfast/lobby/front desk and business center areas. I think I would have had the front desk more easily to see when walking in and found a way to put the business center in a small room.

Would I stay again, yes. Am I a picky person, yes. Did this Hampton Inn meet up with other Hamptons I've stayed at before - no - but again because it was the holiday weekend I will give it the benefit of the doubt for the issues. As my husband stated - it wasn't that bad we should be thankful we had a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vhash77
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with my dad on our way to the "country" since it's right off of the interstate. The beds were so comfy as well as the room itself! (and enough room to where my dad & I could share a room and not feel uncomfortably close). I slept really well because of that; it was also quiet and clean which also helps. I am really picky when it comes to quality of rooms/hotels, a little snobbish I admit, so believe me when I say this hotel met, if not exceeded, my standards. Free hot and cold breakfast, flat screen tv, nice desk and armoire/closet, clean carpets (yes, so important!), clean and nice bathroom (a tad on the small side counter-wise for us girls with a lot of stuff, BUT had shelves beneath the sink to make up for it)and a contemporary designed lobby & room made this Hampton Inn a great hotel! The cost was competitive-- I checked the $$ at area places and this was right in the middle. Worth the price. If I can't stay in a resort or a house, I love a nice room to stay and the Hamptons never disappoint.

• Stayed November 2010
East Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hampton inn was one of the more aged Hampton Inn's that I have stayed at (I've stayed at probably 20 or so this year). The staff was friendly, the room was clean, but I asked for a razor and they gave me one (free). When I was about to use it, I noticed the packaging was already open, and when I opened the razor, it looked old and the plastic was yellowed, and there seemed to be a small hair on it!! I did not say anything to the management about this, however.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ismpark
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

As always, I looked for a Hilton property while on travel and found the Hampton Inn in Beckley, WV. What a nice surprise! The rooms are large and nicely appointed with a desk/work area. There are two restaurants within walking distance (one that shares the parking lot, one across the street). The lobby is also much above average for a Hampton and the breakfast was certainly up to Hampton Inn standards.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Corry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

We had an enjoyable stay at this Hampton. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I agree with the person who said the furniture in the lobby is arranged in an awkward manner. The breakfast was good with waffles which were a treat since we don't have a waffle maker at home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

Chose this as we were rafting at River Adventures- about 15 minutes away. Nice Hotel. Had better Hamton breakfasts, but it got it done. Room was good, no fridge or microwave. Next door to Bob Evans, Steak House, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel about a block up. Several others nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family