“My Favorite Hotel Chain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Beckley

Hampton Inn Beckley
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Columbus, United States
“My Favorite Hotel Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Plain and simple, I travel a lot and all the small touches Hampton adds during my stays go a long way. Always very clean and stay at all the locations I've stayed are friendly and helpful. PS: Like the apples, bananas and coffee at check-in for quick snack!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute for a weekend trip so I didn't pay attention to any of the reviews at the time. When I got there the guys that worked the front desk in the evening were very jovial and comical which made the check-in process a lot more pleasant after my grueling drive. I checked in quickly and the gentleman was kind enough to give me a dinner coupon for the restaurant right next door. The room was clean and overall the hotel seemed to have a very relaxed atmosphere as there were lots of families in the lobby playing games and hanging out. My only request is that this hotel invests in refrigerators and microwaves. I don't recall coming across a hotel (not a motel) that doesn't have these amenities but I guess that was my fault for assuming that any Hilton branded property would have these items in their rooms. We made the best of the situation but it was a bit disappointing every time we went out to eat and had to throw our leftovers away. The pool was closed but it was outdoors anyway so we probably wouldn't have used it since it was a bit chilly that weekend. Other than that we had no issues and we would stay again on our next trip to Beckley. The location is convenient and for the level of service and the cleanliness it's worth the money. We have stayed at other hotels in Beckley that cost more but the experience wasn't as pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Was an average hotel close to the highway. A good place to stop if going to Myrtle Beach. Problem with the pool so it was closed. Kids disappointed. The continental breakfast was average, not a lot of places to sit. Lots of other restaurants around to eat at.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the clean fresh atmosphere so much that we decided to stay here for another night. We had adjoining rooms with our Tavel friends and the hot breakfast in the morning was perfect to start your day. There are lots of things to do that is close. Highly recommend the beck key mine tour.

Stayed August 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We only stayed one night but the room was clean, we couldn't hear our neighbors, and even though we had two double beds, there was enough room for a Pack n' Play plus our luggage. The hot breakfast bar had scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast sticks, a waffle maker, cereal, and fruit. I would definitely advise calling several hours in advance at the very least. We called on a Friday night and they were booked solid. We called again 4 hours ahead on a Sunday and there were at least three rooms available. By the time we showed up, a couple came in behind me inquiring about a room and was told there were none available. Definitely a popular hotel along I77.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our 3rd Hampton Inn in 4 days. We love our Hampton Inns! This one was no exception. It was a very quiet hotel. We thought the wall plumbing must be on the hall side because you could not hear water noises thru the walls. As usual we had good breakfasts, and we enjoyed the popcorn machine in the lobby for an afternoon snack. It is convenient to I-64, the New River Gorge and to Tamarack. Still wish HI had firmer pillows.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Norma M
Chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room at this hotel smelled like it had just been smoked in and the smell was very pungent. The sleeper sofa was a twin size bed and very small and not sufficient for the number of people I requested the room for. The hotel could not provide any relief to either of these two problems.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family