“Not worth the price”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Wixom, Michigan
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Asked for a non-smoking room with a king size bed but the front desk said they only had non-smoking rooms available with double beds. The house keeper I talked to on our floor said she just finished cleaning some rooms with king size beds that were non-smoking and vacant and not taken yet. My room was very clean though and the beds very comfortable. This hotel was pricier than the Hampton Inn in Rock Hill S.C. by $27.00. Breakfast here was very disappointing. Food and coffee was cold and they had no sausage or bacon to go with the eggs. The orange juice tasted weird, there was no butter just margarine, the bananas were way over ripe.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rebecca B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Hi RonR,

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility after your recent stay. I apologize for any confusion about the bed type you prefer, housekeeping is not aware of what rooms are rented, only the ones that they know are occupied or vacant, so I believe they misinformed you and for that I apologize. And we will also take your breakfast comments and share with the staff for improvement in this area as this is out of the ordinary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have always liked staying at Hampton Inn's, and this one is quite simply average. The location is great, right off the highway - and there are many restaurants close by. The beds are nice, I like a firmer mattress, and was pleased with the beds. The pillows, were VERY soft. The hotel is obviously old, but has been refurbished. The rooms were nice, and were clean.

We had a coupon from the interstate rest stop, and paid about $65 for the room. I learned the night before, from a couple I met in Charlotte, that these coupons are only offered on a walk-in only basis. The Hampton Inn was my first choice, had they not taken the coupon, I would have gone to another hotel.

Basically, this was an average stay, but we only stayed for a quick nights rest, and it fit the bill.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you 59sunseeker for the nice review of our facility. We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again as a guest in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was a very clean, well appointed, and friendly hotel. My family and I stayed on a travel 'layover' between Cincy and Myrtle Beach. I had some free Hilton points and we chose this Hampton Inn to use them. We were very happy with the size and furnishings of the room. We also liked the little coffee basket in the bathroom.

We enjoyed our stay and they had a good breakfast, though busy, but when we checked out, there was a mystery 50$ fee in my bank account. I didn't give any authorizations for this charge so that made me a bit angry, but it's the incidentals charge, but would have been nice to know.

All in all, if you're paying full price, it's a decent place. If you're staying for free...it's fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank crimstidt
Thank you crimstidt for the nice review of our facility, I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and I apologize for the confusion concerning the authorization of your credit card for incidentals, it is a policy with Hampton Inns and the system is set up to automatically do this. Thanks again and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future when you "layover' on the way to Myrtle Beach, one of our favorite vacation destinations as well!
Region of Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed overnight here while on a road trip this past week.
We stayed at Hampton Inn's at all our overnights and destination, so I am able to compare this location.
Noticed that this location was pricier than Cleveland location, but just your average hotel.
We booked ahead online, asking for extra cot in the reservation notes and one was already in our room when we checked in. Beds and linens have always been comfy.
Most impressed by the friendly, go out of your way professionalism of the front desk staff at the Hampton Inns we have stayed at so far.
Complimentary breakfast was handled very well at this location.
Pretty good for what we needed. I would stay here again - unless I found a better priced Hampton Inn nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SWONTraveller
Thank you RegularUserON for your review of our facility. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at our facility and hope to see you as a return guest again in the future.
chardon,ohio
Reviewed August 25, 2011

stayed here while traveling and was very impresses. have not stayed at a hampton before but i would with stay with them. very,very clean, good service. breakfast to take with you was an extra plus.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank patmccaskey
Hi patmccaskey, thank you for your nice review of our facility. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you as a guest again in the future.
Brit in NC
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Asked for and got adjoining rooms. Rooms were clean and the beds comfy. Walked across the parking lot to a Texas Steakhouse for Supper. Breakfast was a bit poor (no meat). Room prices are high in Beckley and this was no exception.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you limeyferg for taking the time to review our hotel not only once but twice over the years! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you as a return guest again in the future.
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Hampton Inns are often the first hotel I look for when my family travels because I consistently find them to be clean and comfortable. The Hampton Inn in Beckley especially impressed me, though, because of the helpful staff. After a one-night stay we discovered that we'd left a pillow behind. We called to see if it had been found. It hadn't been recorded on the lost and found list, but the housekeeping staff searched for it, located it, and then called to say it had been found. Because we weren't traveling back through Beckley, the staff FedExed the pillow to us. We were very grateful for all the assistance and courtesy we were given.

• Stayed June 2011