“Nice clean hotel, good service, but watch your bank statement.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Beckley

Hampton Inn Beckley
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice clean hotel, good service, but watch your bank statement.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was a very clean, well appointed, and friendly hotel. My family and I stayed on a travel 'layover' between Cincy and Myrtle Beach. I had some free Hilton points and we chose this Hampton Inn to use them. We were very happy with the size and furnishings of the room. We also liked the little coffee basket in the bathroom.

We enjoyed our stay and they had a good breakfast, though busy, but when we checked out, there was a mystery 50$ fee in my bank account. I didn't give any authorizations for this charge so that made me a bit angry, but it's the incidentals charge, but would have been nice to know.

All in all, if you're paying full price, it's a decent place. If you're staying for free...it's fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank crimstidt
Rebecca B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you crimstidt for the nice review of our facility, I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and I apologize for the confusion concerning the authorization of your credit card for incidentals, it is a policy with Hampton Inns and the system is set up to automatically do this. Thanks again and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future when you "layover' on the way to Myrtle Beach, one of our favorite vacation destinations as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Region of Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed overnight here while on a road trip this past week.
We stayed at Hampton Inn's at all our overnights and destination, so I am able to compare this location.
Noticed that this location was pricier than Cleveland location, but just your average hotel.
We booked ahead online, asking for extra cot in the reservation notes and one was already in our room when we checked in. Beds and linens have always been comfy.
Most impressed by the friendly, go out of your way professionalism of the front desk staff at the Hampton Inns we have stayed at so far.
Complimentary breakfast was handled very well at this location.
Pretty good for what we needed. I would stay here again - unless I found a better priced Hampton Inn nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SWONTraveller
Thank you RegularUserON for your review of our facility. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at our facility and hope to see you as a return guest again in the future.
chardon,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

stayed here while traveling and was very impresses. have not stayed at a hampton before but i would with stay with them. very,very clean, good service. breakfast to take with you was an extra plus.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank patmccaskey
Hi patmccaskey, thank you for your nice review of our facility. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you as a guest again in the future.
Brit in NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Asked for and got adjoining rooms. Rooms were clean and the beds comfy. Walked across the parking lot to a Texas Steakhouse for Supper. Breakfast was a bit poor (no meat). Room prices are high in Beckley and this was no exception.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you limeyferg for taking the time to review our hotel not only once but twice over the years! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you as a return guest again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Hampton Inns are often the first hotel I look for when my family travels because I consistently find them to be clean and comfortable. The Hampton Inn in Beckley especially impressed me, though, because of the helpful staff. After a one-night stay we discovered that we'd left a pillow behind. We called to see if it had been found. It hadn't been recorded on the lost and found list, but the housekeeping staff searched for it, located it, and then called to say it had been found. Because we weren't traveling back through Beckley, the staff FedExed the pillow to us. We were very grateful for all the assistance and courtesy we were given.

• Stayed June 2011
6 Thank Ckughen
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

The best thing this Hampton Inn has going for it is its location - at the junction of I-77 and I-64. We've stayed a quite a few Hampton Inns over the years, and this one was one of the biggest disappointments we've experienced. The price was just about highest of any of the Inns we've visited in the last couple of years. You're paying for the convenient location - certainly not for the hotel's ambiance.

It's nothing special. It appears to be an older Hampton Inn that has undergone a facelift a few years ago. The facelift should have gone further. The doors to the rooms should all be replaced (they're metal with about a 1000 coats of paint on them). The room doors have about an inch gap btw the floor and the bottom of the door - which makes for crummy soundproofing - particularly since for the first 6 feet into the room, the floor is ceramic tile. I've never seen a Hampton Inn with a ceramic tile entrances in the individual rooms. Again, makes for crummy soundproofing - but I guess it saves wear and tear on the carpet. No class.

My stay got off to a bad start. I had asked for a room away from the elevator and away from vending. Where did I end up? - directly across from the elevator and the vending room - which had no door to keep the noise down. Thought that it wasn't worth the trouble to go back down and ask for another room. I probably should have.. Shortly after unpacking a bunch of gals & guys came off the elevator wheeling a luggage cart full of cases of beer and ice chests (this is not a good sign, thinks me). A couple of them proceeded to the ice machine in the vending room and milked the ice machine dry filling up their ice chests one ice bucket at a time - during which time they kept yelling down the hall to the rest of the group. The rest of the night we were entered by very young kids running up and down the hall yelling and slamming doors.

The entrance to the hotel seemed a gathering place for the smokers who could not smoke inside. So as trip to the car meant running the blockade of smokers.

The bedroom itself was O.K. - big - but nothing special. The layout of the breakfast area was a bit strange with a large center island with bar stools around and a few tables on either side of the island. And is is often the case, there was not enough room for all the folks who showed up for breakfast.

All in all, we'll drive bit further next time and find a better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pfadfinder
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I will definitely stay here again. My room was very spacious & clean. The tv was a 46 inch flat screen. Very nice!

• Stayed May 2011