“Great place to stay - highly recommended!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay - highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed here en route to South Carolina from PA. We were concerned when we were given the room right next to the front desk, assuming we would hear every little noise from people coming in and out of the hotel. Fortunately, we could not hear a thing. The next morning, we thought we'd try ou the free breakfast before hitting the road - it was fantastic! Tons to choose from and very fresh. Unfortunately for us, we left in the a.m. and forgot our pillows (which we always travel with) in our room. We called upon realizing this and the desk clerk went and checked the room himself, retrieved our pillows and promised to send them right out to our home address. It was no hassle whatsoever and our pillows arrived at our home address when we returned from our vacation. Great people to deal with, clean hotel, great breakfast, great location. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a Memorial Day Weekend for a white water rafting trip. The hotel is clearly a bit older, and ready for some updating. The staff was friendly, and the included breakfast was good. There was an outdoor pool that looked pretty small. Since we were only here a couple of nights it was fine and served its purpose as a place to sleep. It was a good value, but will probably go elsewhere for my next stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Hotel was in a great location, close to interstate and lots of places to eat close by. Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly. Would stay again. The only compliant I have is the breakfast did not start until 7 and we were on the road by 6:30. Would have been nice to get the free breakfast instead we had to stop somewhere.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
West Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I recently planned a trip with a friend to go to a Church Ladies Retreat.Well in advance, I searched several sites looking for a hotel with a hot tub.This was a mandatory must for my stay.On a few sites, there were listings for a Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Beckley,WV that listed a hot tub as an ammenity(as well as a pool).One site said indoor pool as the listing.The main Fairfield Inn site also had a picture of the pool(which was actually outside,and a picture of the hot tub.I decided to call and make a reservation.First I used the 800 number to make a reservation through Marriott.I asked a few questions,was advised by the Marriott agent that there was a hot tub, and of the rate he could give me.I decided to wait since I am a Verizon employee and receive a discount.Later I made a call directly to the Fairfield Inn in Beckley and made my reservation.I arrived the day of my stay and checked in my room.My friend and I were so excited to get down to the hot tub.We changed into swimsuits and made our way down.We stopped by the front desk to ask where the hot tub was located.The clerk informed us that they do not have a hot tub.Stunned, I looked at my friend.We were in shock.We advised the clerk of the information we located online.We were told that the manager would not be in until 7am the next morning and they could not do anything until we spoke to the manager.At this point,we were stuck at a hotel with no hot tub.We had to be on the road by 7:15, so we were forced to get ready and eat the continental breakfast in time to speak with a manager as soon as they came in.At 7am, we were at the front desk and the manager had arrived.I started out explaining that I was very upset that I had checked in the evening before expecting to visit the hot tub,only to find that there wasn't one.I proceeded to show the manager(Trent Walker) the printouts of the information found online. I received a funny look and a response "I don't know where this came from". I advised where it was found, and that the hotels actual site also shows the hot tub photo.To this he responded, "But it doesn't say that we have a hot tub on the listing", to which I replied, "That may be true, but when seeing a photo shown and the other sites stating there is one, then that is misleading". I was informed that he was the one that updates the hotel's site and that it feeds to the other external websites.He also told me that they have not had a hot tub in over a year.If this is the case, apparently, he doesn't make sure that when he updates the website, it has accurate information and current photos.The manager asked ,"What would you like for me to do for you?". He said, "I can take $30 dollars off the bill, is this ok?" I must have had a look of shock on my face because he then said, "You did stay in the room, and you did eat breakfast". I of course did stay in the room and pointed out that I was forced to since the clerks advised us we could do nothing until he arrived the next morning.He said that they did not handle the situation appropriately and he would have a talk with them.I was not feeling well so I agreed to go ahead and have him take $30 off the bill.At this point, the way that the manager was defensive, and spoke condescendingly towards me, I wanted to leave and get on the road as to not be late.I decided to take that matter up with corporate.The manager was very defensive, spoke condescendingly towards me, and if I was the one trying to get by with something. In my opinion, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel and hope to never have one like it again.So for anyone out there looking for a hotel with a hot tub THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A HOT TUB.Hope this helps

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is a nice moderately priced hotel. The staff is friendly the rooms are nice and clean, free breakfast is good, they have a waffle maker which I enjoy, yogurt, bagels, hot and cold cereal, and other things I'm sure I've forgotten, fruit, and juice and coffee. We have stayed there many times and have always been pleased with the hotel. And there is an Out Back restaurant right across the parking lot!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Used points to stay here and was in a hurry when booking. My dog is long gone. I missed the fine print about pets welcome. I liked that little rascal when he was around but of course now I see pets in a different light, or at least hear them. When my neighbors pet barked at midnight no problem, I was watching the end of a game and awake, but when poochy needed to let his owners know he needed to go at 06:30 am - well that was alittle hard to take.

Room was clean and atypical of Fairfield Inn. Updates are needed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Royal Oak
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We stopped in Beckley on our way to Charleston, SC from Detroit. The hotel was right off I-77, close to many restuarants, from Texas Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel, and Bob Evans. We has a spacous king bed room, full cable TV, free wireless internet, large work area. The only negative was the heater air conditioner was very noisy.

The price includung sales tax was only $86.00. I have stayed in many Fairfield Inns, like most this was a good value.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple