“Good location, good staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Pacific Grove, California
“Good location, good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had to be in the Beckley area for family business, so picking a hotel along the Interstate was something of a crapshoot. But as soon as Mr. Ballard checked us in, we knew we were going to get more than we expected. His helpful manner, local knowledge and genuine nature made us feel at home from the first moment. The rooms and breakfast are what you would expect, but the location and Mr. B are much more than that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RuNanS
FISBeckGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
The staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Beckley, WV are pleased that you chose our hotel while traveling through West Virginia. I am glad to hear that Mr. Ballard was able to assist you greatly. I will share your comments with him. He is a great asset to our hotel. Thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I always stay at this hotel on my way back to Ohio from Hatteras Island, NC....maybe three times a year.....Sometimes I am alone...sometimes I have my cat...and sometimes other folks travel with me.....I love the location...so close to the highway...also one exit below Tamarack with all the handmade West Virginia items......love shopping there!.....I am originally from West Virginia so especially appreciate the beautiful crafts and eating at the onsite restaurant run by the folks of The Greenbrier.....

Since I mostly travel alone, I need to feel safe, and I do at this hotel....and once I check in, there are at least two sit down restaurants just steps away....The hotel staff is always friendly and accommodating...the hotel is clean and updated and the beds comfortable.... the complimentary breakfast is very good.....

What's not to like?......Will be staying again this next week on my way to the OBX.........

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel has a lovely view of the West Virginia hills.....
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Beth W
The staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Beckley, WV are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. The staff work hard to make sure that each guest receives a great room with warm service. We hope that you will come and see us again soon!
Timmins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

While driving back from florida booked a room here and was pleasantly surprised. The fairfield is located very close to the highway, gas stations, and all the great eating places such as Bob Evans. The room was clean and people were very friendly at checkin. The bathrooms are small and outdated but beds were very comfortable. There is a nice pool which they say is heated but we found a little cool. We slept well and found the rooms very quiet. Internet was free and worked great. I hooked up my apple tv and watched netflix with no issues.

Your breakfast is included with the room which is a bonus although we didn't take advantage of it as we got an early start.

Price was not bad 109.00 but we were able to use our marriot points.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Our location is a great stopping spot as you travel to Florida. We hope that you will come stay with us again soon!
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Old place but Marriott is making it better. Building redone in some respects. Awkward entry to the grounds and parking but everything in WV is awkward. Room so, so, however, great breakfast area with nice arrangement, good lighting, and seating. Breakfast somewhat standard but well staffed. Coffee hot in morning, not like it was in the evening

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Please feel to contact me if you need assistance in making future reservations. We hope to see you again soon!
Barboursville, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I thought my stay at the hotel was very average. I was at the hotel for an entire week and believe I can give an appropriate assessment. The positives: the wifi worked well; the room was clean and neat; the breakfast was good; refrigerator in the room; and it is in a good location for many places to eat. The negatives: very small fitness center; lacks an indoor pool; and a lot of work going on while at the hotel. During my stay, the hotel was having some type of work done on the internet or telephone throughout the hotel as during one evening there was some typed of exposed wires hanging from the ceiling in the middle of our hotel room floor. That evening, the individuals working on this issue were still working until approximately ten at night. I believe it was definitely a poor choice in the timing of when to conduct work. Additionally, the fitness center is beyond small. There are no weights and only three workout machines. Due to this, I would be unlikely to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank daearz77
FISBeckGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that our exercise facilities did not meet your expectations. The exercise equipment in the room was purchased per Marriott standards in May 2013.

Our internet was upgraded for more speed during the time of your visit. I am glad that this service was beneficial for you during your visit. The wires that you noticed were part of this upgrade.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to share more details about your visit.
Niles, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Passing through South to North for a stopover. We had a king room on the third floor. Great value for the money. The room and bathroom were very clean and tidy. The hotel did remodel 2 years ago, so the remodel is not that old. For an overnight stay, I would definitely recommend. It is convienient , right off of the interstate. There is also a small pool, but we did not use. The breakfast was standard Fairfield Inn breakfast, scrambled eggs, sausage, assortment of fruit, baked goods, juices, cereal. Pretty average fare, but decent. Would stop here again, as it was tidy, clean, comfortable, and convenient. Very congested area, but lots of restaurant and shopping either nearby, or by a 15 minute drive to Eisenhower Rd.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
The staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Beckley, WV are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that you will come see us again soon!
Bainbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed overnight here as we were traveling from PA to GA. We got there in the evening and there were only 5 rooms left - no kings were left so we had a room with 2 doubles. Room was very clean - had a microwave and refrigerator in addition to the coffee maker in the bathroom. Bed was comfortable - pillows were hard as a rock. Only time on my trip I had wished I had had my own pillow from home.

Hot breakfast available from 6:30-9:30 am. Pleasant and food was standard breakfast fare.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
The staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Beckley, WV are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in West Virginia. We hope that you will come see us again soon!