“Clean and good for a road trip stopover”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Toronto, ON
“Clean and good for a road trip stopover”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

On the drive to Florida, our family of 6 stopped at this property for an overnight stay before we continued the next leg of our drive. The rooms were clean and functional, front desk staff was very obliging to find rooms that were next to each other, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean and well supplied and the (included) morning breakfast was perfect. Overall, good value and a good overnight rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I expected when stopping by the hotel at 11am to just ask when our pet friendly hotel room would be ready. The reservation rep stated the night before that it wouldn't be a problem going in early. Well, after asking the front desk gentleman to get the room earlier, he said he would find out and didn't act concerned. After 30 minutes I asked again and he stated probably another 20-30minutes.... At 1pm I asked again while waiting patiently for an hour and a half... He then said he didn't see it being ready till 3pm because the whole cleaning crew takes lunch at noon.... I then said ok I guess my pet will stay in my truck during the funeral I had to go to and then I changed in their bathroom and left.... The management did not care either and did not even acknowledge the issue at hand.

I understand if they could not help me in my situation but at least add some customer service and a good cleaning crew!

Room Tip: Only a few pet rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Definite improvement noted, management staff is better, frobt desk was excellent and helpful, excellent breakfast, I would definitely come back, bathroom was little compact but was very clean, price was better than the courtyard with same service

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

As a retiree, I travel a lot and this place is clean, clean and clean! The bathroom was compact . . .the shower water pressure was great and the bathroom plumbing fixtures need updating from the hard water, but the cleanliness over-rides that. I had one maintenance item and the front desk handled it immediately. Breakfast buffet is the same as all Fairfields but fills you up for more time on the road. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Traveling north through WV we stayed one night and found the Fairfield unremarkable but a pleasant and comfortable property with competent and friendly staff willing to go the extra mile. Check in and out was efficient and flawless. Breakfast was enjoyable and complete enough that we left satisfied and ready to resume travel.

The room was standard fair for this type of property, everything clean and in working order. We would not hesitate to stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with minimal orientation to the freeway to reduce vehicle noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FISBeckGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. I am pleased to hear that our staff performed well and that you enjoyed a clean room. We just finished with major renovations, so we are always to have repeat guests! I will share your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I really enjoy the staff at this Hotel. It's an older building yet has been recently renovated. I love Marriott properties and this one is the best in Beckley. There is a Courtyard next door, but the staff and service at this hotel is much better than accross the way. I have never encountered a more pleasant staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FISBeckGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Awesome! I really love to receive a review like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words about our hotel and staff in Beckley. Our staff work hard to deliver great service with each guest!

Thanks again!
Dover, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here last year and the hotel was undergoing renovations. They must have completed the work because the conditions were much better. It seems that the hotel was up for their Marriott license renewal and they had to make the necessary renovations. Anyway, the room was neat, clean, and well appointed. The only complaint I have with the room was that the chairs, both the desk and the room chair, were very uncomfortable. Making me wonder who chose these?? Breakfast was the usual Fairfield Inn breakfast. However, the breakfast room is very large and it never seemed crowded. In the evening it also doubles as a sitting room with couches and a fireplace. There are restaurants close by within a short walk across the parking lot. McD's. Lonestar, and Applebees. The exercise room was adequate. Treadmill, stair-master, and stationary bike. Located easy on /off from the interstate.

Room Tip: Bottom floors are for pet owner. Ask for a top floor if not traveling with your pet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo