“Nice Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Libertyville
“Nice Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Hotel has a great lobby with a small bar and eating area. In the back there is a gas fir pit with plenty of chairs. Nice to relax after a long day. Rooms are decent. We had a family of 4 and ran out of shampoo and the front desk had no problem giving us more.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Clarksville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here 5 days while visiting family. We booked the king suite because we wanted a DOOR between the master bedroom and the living room with sofa bed. With kids, it's nice to have some privacy. The sofa bed fits one person, not two like most other hotel sofa beds.

However, the location was good. The room faced the back lot where there were lots of trees and little street noise. There were balconies in both rooms that you could sit on.

The living room had a kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and sink. The bathroom was in the master bedroom. The shower and toilet had a door and the sink had a large countertop.

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool almost daily. Housekeeping was well done. They even lined up my boy's large stuffed animal collection neatly on the sofa bed which pleased my son.

No breakfast here, but there is a Bob Evans and a Cracker Barrel nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face the courtyard surrounded by trees. Very quiet area. Lots...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lodeiapple
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard Beckley, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Lodeiapple

Thank you so much for commenting about your recent stay here at the Beckley Courtyard. I am very happy to hear that you and your familey enjoyed your stay. I am very pleased to hear that our housekeeping staff provided you with excellent service. We will be happy to have you as guest again on your next visit.
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The front staff was very friendly and kind. The rooms were updated within a year or so, and mine was very clean, and bed very comfortable. The outdoor space by the fireplace was wonderful. The cafe was tended by very friendly staff. I would recommend this for a stay. Close by dining at Applebee's and Outback steakhouse. McDonalds also.

Room Tip: My room was first floor and still had no issues with noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Picked this place last minute and as a last choice because everything around here books full on summer weekends. Rooms were very nice and the government rate was very fair. But I was rather surprised that in the morning there was not even complementary coffee. You'll have to pony up the $2.50 for Starbucks in the lobbies snack bar. They also charge for breakfast. Tudors biscuit here I come! Just seems like a way to scrape another dollar from you before you leave. But the hotel and rooms were very clean so if you don't mind paying for breakfast this is a good spot.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank oxtail_69
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard Beckley, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Mr. Oxtail_69

Thank you for being our guest. I am very sorry that you didn't like the brand of coffee we have chose to serve in our hotels resteraunt. It's very popular with most of our guest who love starbucks coffee and the food options we have to offer in our bistro resteraunt. We look forward to having you again on your next trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel but is not our first choice for Beckley. Hotel is laid out funky but the rooms are clean and the pool is clean. It's a nice hotel. I would stay here again if our other choice was booked up.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank CHarper15
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I traveled through Beckley on my way to the Marriott resort in Myrtle Beach and decided to stay for the night since I was traveling with a 1 year old and 3 year old. Check-in was nice and easy and the staff, as with all Marriott properties was very nice. The hotel has a cafe to get made to order food and has a real on the fly coffee machine that brews Starbucks so you can get an espresso if you'd like. There is a pool on the first floor and an outside area with plenty of seating and a big fire pit. It is a nice place to hang out to pass the night. The room I had was GREAT for kids and myself. My room was on the first floor and I had two patio doors that opened up into the back side where the fire pit was. So my kids and I could walk out from our room and they had a VERY large area to play which I sat at the fire pit. It was the only room like this. This room also provided semi-private access to the pool area because the patio doors opened to the large outside area and the pool had a door from the outside that no-one would ever use because no other rooms opened to the outside like this room did. The room's patio was at the far end of the area so no-one would be walking down to where your room doors exited to. The room had it's own private chairs to sit at and great landscaping. The only negatives I would say is that the Marriott is a smoke free property but there was a gazebo in the middle of outside area between my room and the fire pit/social area that is designated as smoking. The entire area is private from the outside world because it is lined with trees and landscaping, etc. Because of this when someone smokes it hangs around and travels into the entire area. At one point some 35 year old guy came out with his iPad and started smoking swisher sweets (who even smokes those anymore?) for an hour straight. That was kind of a bummer. I tired making rude comments under my breath in hopes he would hear and get out of there but it didn't help. Marriott if you read this, get rid of smoking on your property. No-one wants themselves or their kids subjected to cancer. Other than that, the property is great. Parking is tight though so if you get a spot try not to move. The room you want is room 101. Make sure you ask for it, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for room 101.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank shopkins1994
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here and upon checking in the staff was courteous and ready to assist us with any questions or requests we had. Our room was immaculate and very fresh smelling. My son loved the candy jar on the desk; great touch!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Naoma D, General Manager at Courtyard Beckley, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Jennifer:
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your recent experience at our hotel. It was a pleasure having you and your son as our guests. We look forward to serving you again.