I stayed here last week on the way to Fairmont WV. I stay usually at 20-30 Courtyards per year and this was pretty much the most spartan/basic property of them all where I have ever stayed. As an example, I stayed at a Fairfield in Fairmont and considered it to be a much nicer property (even if it was the same money - however the Fairfield was significantly less expensive).
So here the issues with this property
1) No jacuzzi by the pool and the pool was the smallest I've ever seen at a Courtyard. They said they used to have a jacuzzi but covered it over by cement because "kids were playing in it and messing up the jets" Huh? How do all the other properties keep them going?
2) Fitness room was small and uimpressive
3) As a platinum, I got a tiny King bed room - reminded me totally of a Fairfield room. Had a gorgeous view of the parking lot on the 1st floor.
4) The lobby restaurant was only opened for a few hours in the morning and at night. Closed the majority of the day.
So I will also say there was nothing major that was wrong with this place. I'd just rate it a step below your average Hampton Inn, Holiday Express or even most Fairfield Inns. And so I walked 300 feet over to the nearby Fairfield and it looked just as nice inside and seemed to be better run than this property.
Thus my recommendation if you stay at Marriott properties - save the money or the points and stay at the nearby Fairfield - you'll be disappointed in this Courtyard.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Courtyard Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Beckley Hotel Beckley
- Beckley Marriott
- Beckley Courtyard