“Great stop on the way north”
Review of Courtyard Beckley

Courtyard Beckley
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Michigan
“Great stop on the way north”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We pulled into the Beckley Courtyard without a reservation on a trip north during spring break. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had a lovely clean room, there were lots of restaurant options nearby. It was a nice surprise stop for us and we would recommend this spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Plattsville, ON
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We actually ended up reserving a room here a few days before our stay only because the Fairfield (also by Marriott) was full so they recommended the Courtyard which was just across the parking lot. My husband and I were only staying one night as we were passing through en route home from Florida. What a fabulous little place! The entire hotel looks as if it has been renovated in recent years and the lobby is very spacious, modern, and welcoming. I was especially impressed with the lovely room we had...super clean and the decor was like nothing I had ever seen in a similarly priced hotel...loved it! Great layout also...I wasn't actually in the room long enough to really enjoy it but appreciated it while I was there. The bed was fabulous (as it felt much like my own) and if it had been a warmer time of year we would have enjoyed the small balcony as well. I was a bit disappointed that there was not a complimentary breakfast offered but they do have a lovely cafe area where there is breakfast available for reasonable prices. I think this hotel has quickly become our new preferred spot to stop on our way to and from Florida for future vacations.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a great place! It is very close to the exit for travel ease. There are also lots of choices of restaurants. The front desk personnel was very friendly and welcoming. The room is well layed out for a family of 4 to be comfortable in! We would definitely come back!!!!

Room Tip: It is worth getting the 2 queen room with the pull out for added space!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a great stay while we went skiing at WInterplace. The hotel was clean and definitely seemed to be going for an "aLoft" vibe with the lobby furnishings and the bar. Breakfast isnt included but was good and probably no more than going to Bob Evans. Staff was friendly.

kentucky
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was hesitant when I walked in and there were 5 people in a line ahead of me and they had one front desk person working. After about 5 minutes another person came out and in no time I was being checked in. The hotel was very clean and so was the room. It was a typical Courtyard room but very updated and comfortable. The bathroom linens were fresh and seemed new. The common areas, gym and pool were very nice and bright areas clean and inviting. You pay a little more here but location and hotel are both very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ORLANDO
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and myself stayed at the Courtyard for Presedents day weekend 2013 it was a little pricey for the amenities and the duration of our stay. My first bad impression was during check in as I was going to give the representative my card to pay she said I should figure out another method of payment or she was going to put an additional hold on my card which did not make any sense as I advised them when I made the reservation that I would be paying with the same card that I made the reservation with, which was my bank card. My children used the pool and there were no towels in the pool area I had to request them. On Sunday we left the room to go pick up a few things we needed and when we came back housekeeping had not come yet mind you this was at 2 pm when we returned I saw the person who does the house keeping and asked if she was coming in to pick up and her response was I was not planning on it I have to leave I have things to do and said that she had not come in because the do not disturb sign was on the door I had to correct her and advise that the sign was not up once she look she realized that she was wrong. She indicated that she had to leave and I had to tell her again that I needed someone to come in to take the trash out and at least give us some fresh towels. I left the hotel at 3 and came back at 9 pm to find the room exacty the same as we left it. The Bristol is very expensive we ended up going to Applebee's next door and spent half of what we would have if we would have ate at the Marriott. I dont think my family would stay here again. I have stayed at several Marriotts previously and this stay was very disappointing as I know the great service that they usually provide to their customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juan M
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have visited several times withint he past couple of months. Each time, the staff is very friendly and accomodating. The room is spacious and always clean. If you dn't want housekeeping to knock on your door, make sure and place the do not disturb sign out. That was my only complaint.
A little pricier than other hotels in the area, however, I feel it is worth it. It is close to several restaurants.
The beds are comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family