“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
ORLANDO
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and myself stayed at the Courtyard for Presedents day weekend 2013 it was a little pricey for the amenities and the duration of our stay. My first bad impression was during check in as I was going to give the representative my card to pay she said I should figure out another method of payment or she was going to put an additional hold on my card which did not make any sense as I advised them when I made the reservation that I would be paying with the same card that I made the reservation with, which was my bank card. My children used the pool and there were no towels in the pool area I had to request them. On Sunday we left the room to go pick up a few things we needed and when we came back housekeeping had not come yet mind you this was at 2 pm when we returned I saw the person who does the house keeping and asked if she was coming in to pick up and her response was I was not planning on it I have to leave I have things to do and said that she had not come in because the do not disturb sign was on the door I had to correct her and advise that the sign was not up once she look she realized that she was wrong. She indicated that she had to leave and I had to tell her again that I needed someone to come in to take the trash out and at least give us some fresh towels. I left the hotel at 3 and came back at 9 pm to find the room exacty the same as we left it. The Bristol is very expensive we ended up going to Applebee's next door and spent half of what we would have if we would have ate at the Marriott. I dont think my family would stay here again. I have stayed at several Marriotts previously and this stay was very disappointing as I know the great service that they usually provide to their customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have visited several times withint he past couple of months. Each time, the staff is very friendly and accomodating. The room is spacious and always clean. If you dn't want housekeeping to knock on your door, make sure and place the do not disturb sign out. That was my only complaint.
A little pricier than other hotels in the area, however, I feel it is worth it. It is close to several restaurants.
The beds are comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Comfortable bed, quiet hotel. Only complaint is that the AC will not stay cold like i want it all night. It turns off and I wake with the room warm. This happens in all Courtyards. Bistro was nice, food was good, little pricey. Starbucks coffee makes it worth it though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here overnight last spring. The room was not very clean, the hotel staff at the desk was not very friendly/helpful, and the beds were uncomfortable. We would not stay here again. I have stayed at Courtyards in the past and those experiences were wonderful, so I was a bit surprised by this one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca L
Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Easy on/off Interstate and pet friendly made this facility a good deal. Room had gigantic water damage on wall between bath and sleeping area. Did not notice when we entered room (it was dark out, we kept lighting subdued) but in morning saw the damage. Phoned for staff to come inspect, one came almost immediately. Said that it was from a bathroom plumbing leak which had happened a while before, hadn't repaired it yet. The entire building looked like it could use some TLC. On the plus side, our room was on ground level, just a few doors down from exit to parking. Quite handy for dog walks. And very nice view across valley and hills.

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stopped here on the way south. We used our points here as this area seemed to be relatively expensive. The staff on the front desk was very friendly. The room was typical Courtyard - very comfortable and spacious. We would stop here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Courtyard in Beckley. Going and coming from Virginia Beach. It was a nice Courtyard with typical amenities. Parking is free, wi fi in the room. Computers available in the lobby. No breakfast included however. There are several restaurants within an easy walk or drive. There is a pool but no hot tub.

Beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family