“Not bad, but I wouldn't stay here again”
Review of Super 8 Beckley

Super 8 Beckley
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed December 29, 2010

The hotel was okay. The price seemed really good, but the room wasn't very well maintained. I wouldn't stay here, especially since there are a lot of other hotels in the area. The best part is that it has high speed internet in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Beckley

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed with my family on our way home. Room was definately spacious and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Not the pillows though. Searched room for bed bugs after reading reviews but didnt find any in my room. Front desk was very helpful and very knowledgeable of the area...overall stay was better than I expected. Would stay there again. For the price, worth the stay

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Room was filthy, sheets were dirty, refrigerator didn't work, hair dryer didn't work and worst yet, bed bugs appeared when we went to bed. Poor overall customer service.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Booked this hotel before reading some of the reviews on this site. Was very worried before I arrived about the hotel and especially how some people said they found bedbugs. After checking in, we checked the room VERY thoroughly and thankfully did not find any sign of bedbugs. The room was decently clean, but not really to the standard I've come to expect from a hotel. The bed was comfortable but the linens were ripped in a few places. The room had obviously been repainted very sloppily since there was paint splattered all over the furniture, fridge, and TV. The front desk attendant was not very friendly and I called the front desk from my phone 4 times and the call was not answered. I had to walk down to ask for the WiFi password in person. The breakfast in the morning looked absolutely disgusting, nothing really but some stale looking bagels, cereal and coffee... ended up going next door to IHOP for breakfast. Overall the stay was not horrible compared to some of the reviews I have read here, but I certainly would not stay there again or recommend it. There are much nicer hotels out there for the same price or for only marginally more money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our three sons 17,16,and 2. We only paid $78.39 >> We were just passing through Beckley on our trip home from Virginia Beach. We were tired of driving and the first place we stopped only had a king honeymoon suite available so with a tired toddler in tow this Super 8 is where we ended up. Two queen beds nonsmoking first floor #108. Our room was not clean, but I have very high expectations. I made my mad dash with the Clorox wipes and later allowed the rest of my family to enter the room. Unfortunately I didn't check the room for bedbugs, but there were no obvious signs of them being there. ((Lord I hope we didn't bring any home with us.)) I've heard those things are nearly impossible to get rid of. I only just now stopped in to read the reviews prior to writing my own.

Our bathroom was roomy and clean enough. I enjoyed a hot shower with great water pressure. The towels were small and rough, but they got the water off when I was done. The queen size beds were comfortable enough, but the pillows were horrible like they were simply stuffed with cotton balls ewww - - luckily we had a couple of our own from home. The smell of the hotel was awful like cheap perfume and very strong in the lobby. ((I was hoping the room was better and it was or I was getting use to it by the time we got there.)) The carpet was in desperate need of a good cleaning. Our Micro Fridge was unplugged (didn't realize until morning) and the milk and juice we put in there was ruined. After I washed the dust covered coffee pot I made a pot of coffee but used everything brought from home (Yes, I'm picky about my coffee as well). FYI - In the picture: We placed the two chairs together and folded a quilt from home under the little guy to make a bed for him. It worked out great!

We got some much needed rest and a shower in Beckley's Super 8, but NO we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Sleep in your vehicle before you stay in the pig sty. The carpet was extremely dirty, the towels were small, rough, and smelly. The sheets did not even fit the bed (was not even sure of their color, gray-yellow who knows), no matress pad, no blankets, and dirty bedspread. I can't review the "breakfast" as we got out of this place ASAP.

This hotel doesn't even deserve a one star rating. It should be closed.

We will NEVER stay in another Super 8 hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stayed at the Super 8 on our way to Gatlinburg Tenn. We found the motel to be very clean and the front desk staff showed true shouthern hospitality. I would highly recommend this motel for it's location, cleaniness and especially the hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple