“Awesome time in Beckley, west Virginia”
Review of Super 8 Beckley

Super 8 Beckley
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a really go stay in Beckley at the super 8 Everyone there was so nice and friendly to us. Loved the location. The room was clean and the staff nice and really helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very run down compared to other super 8s I've stayed at. The worst part was the bed bugs. The bite marks took over 2 weeks to go away. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Marsbarrr
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After traveling the mountain roads in the middle of the night after a long day of work, I insisted my husband stop for the night about 12:30. Super 8, we thought, let's go there - it "SHOULD BE FINE." $90 for the room, worth about $40. We told the desk attendant we needed an absolutely smoke-free room. We were given room 306. Stunk of smoke - the sheets, the pillows, the room itself. We didn't notice this immeidately because the air was on so strong when we got there it was 46 degrees in the room. After turning off the air and warming up with warm showers, we went to bed. 20 minutes later, there is a key and "beepbeep" in our door. My husband jumped up and went to the door, saying "apparently you have the wrong room." The man on the other side tried the key again and said "I have room 306" and my husband said to try the desk. So he left. 20 minutes after that (now it's 1:30 a.m.) the front desk calls to apogize for the mix-up, telling me that they had put us in 306 but the computer lost all our information and that is why the other person was given the same room. Okay, well you didn't need to call me at 1:30 to tell me that, but thanks. Oh, well, it lost your credit card information, so can you come down here? At 1:30? NO! Well the fella who helped you leaves at 5, can you come then? No. Can you come at 7? Maybe. ..... I told her, by the way, we specifically requested a smoke-free room and this room absolutely reeks of smoke and both of us are really allergic to smoke. We were told "Your room is smoke free, but the other rooms on the floor aren't, so that's why." I explained that the hallway didn't stink, just the room. Oh, well it's just because others are smoking rooms. In the morning, we went down to check out - and pay up! We weren't even asked if our stay was ok - I guess they knew not to. I told the front desk person anyway, and he just said "oh I'll make a note". Hmm. $90 for a stinky room, very little rest and stale walmart donuts. Just keep going. There are nicer places a couple exits down.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loganohio
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Room 208 was unclean. debris on floor. Pubic hairs on sheets. Went to front desk for clean sheets - she was only one on staff. She said this was unusual, older lady who cleans usually does great job. Next morning saw young, heavily tattooed guy doing cleaning. Do not stay here if you have a choice. Go a little further up the road to decent place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WANDRA E
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stay out of ROOM 206 BEDBUGS. I stayed in this hotel 1 night after checking out by the next night i have bites all over. Wanted me to pay for someone to come in and checck to see if there were bedbugs. Stay away from this hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 52MicheleC
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is nasty. Carpets are filthy. Old and smells of smoke. Do not stay at this place until it has been remodeled.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank TDSEH
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family went to W.VA for Labor day weekend. Our cousin reserved our room with his credit card. My husband went inside to check in when we arrived. He paid for the room in cash with a one hundred dollar bill, the clerk said to him "do you want change" how strange. Well the next thing we get a call from our cousin who reserved the room, saying that his credit card was charged for the room. Well we have been on the phone to Super 8 everyday since that. So long story short we have to send our cousin $78.00 for a room that we paid cash for. I guess the clerk decided he needed a tip. Needles to say we will never stay at Super 8 ever again, for that matter in any state. A very unhappy customer

Room Tip: Don't Stay At Super 8 they steal your money