“Not bad, not great”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I got a good rate for the Quality Inn from Priceline and it was a good value for the price I paid. We did have an issue with the shower not draining and while they tried to fix it, it never drained properly. Anytime I needed anything from the front desk, they were quick to help.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2008

Booked through Choice Hotels 800# on the road.. Property is older but extremely well maintained. Professional check in, nice clean heated pool, quiet night, and I must say a very very nice breakfast, complete with real eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, french toast sticks, fresh coffee delivered to the table, as is anything you want that is on the buffet.

Could be a perfect stop if you can stomach the limited restaurants, i.e., Outback Steakhouse, Applebees, Pizza Hut, etc.

Would highly recommend, and I don't do that much.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I stayed here June 22nd and 23rd after leaving the Honda hoot in Knoxville.
I was surprised that it was a full service hotel with room service it's own restaurant and a bar.
The check in was friendly, and I was shown where the various attractions in Beckley were. The room was dated but clean, and smelled fresh.
I only used the Restaurant for breakfast and found it quite good the buffet was well stocked, plenty of eggs and bacon, the biscuits and gravy were good too.
I used the bar and found the lady running it to be friendly as were the other customers who were intrigued as to why an Englishman was in West Virginia on vacation.
There is plenty to see and do in the area you can even go down a coal mine.
I would use this hotel again as it is a convenient stoppover when travelling US19.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2008

We used the Quality Inn as a lay-over on our way south, checking in around 10pm. What we liked: the gentleman at the front desk was courteous and efficient, and they provided a crib for our 5 month old at no extra charge. That's about all we liked though.

This hotel is very old, and its age shows. Our first impression upon entering the facility is that it smells like an armpit. The hallway and our guest room were very humid.. and judging from my allergy attack, there was a lot of mold growing. The entire hotel (aside from the lobby) was dark.. perhaps trying to hide the fact that the carpet and walls were filthy. Our bathroom was cramped, and couldn't have been updated in 20 years. Breakfast was included.. but it consisted of all fried greasy foods and was not nearly the quality we've had at other hotels.

Overall, I was unimpressed with this hotel. I felt that our room was way over-priced, and did not live up to our expectations of the Quality Inn brand. We will not patronize this location again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We loved this property. We stayed here 2 nights because we loved the room service so much. I have no complaints about this property. Is it rare indeed that I can say that. From the staff to the rooms to the restaurant...we loved it all!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2008

Excellent hotel with the most amazing restaurant called Morgan's. Your stay includes a great buffet breakfast serviced by the friendliest hostess you could ever hope for. All hotel staff members are top quality & they seem to truly love their jobs. The hotel common areas & rooms are always spotless. We stayed here in early 2007 and were so impressed, we made a point to stop on this trip, even though we were only 3 hours from home! We love this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Okay for the price. Older motel with small clean room and rather noisy heater. Quick check in by Verna. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple