“Clean and comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn Beckley
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
“Clean and comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The room itself was spacious however the bathroom was a little on the small side. They have a nice breakfast area with plenty of seating. We stayed on the first floor and did not smell any of the smoke that others have mentioned. It's easy to find as it is right off the interstate and there are many choices for dinner.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank You so much for your wonderful comments about your at our hotel. I will be happy to pass all your comments to our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The set-up: We rented 3 rooms for a mini-reunion in the mountains.

The good: Breakfast was delicious. Hot food, fresh coffee and juices, wide variety, etc. The server was a lovely lady, very personable and friendly -happy to be doing her job and cleaning up after and feeding guests. MOST of the hotel staff were extremely pleasant.

The bad: The air conditioning barely worked and stayed on 76-78 regardless of what temp it was set to. In all 3 rooms. The rooms are on the small side for this priced hotel and not very clean.

The ugly: We celebrated a cousin's birthday during our stay and asked the front desk attendant for some paper plates to eat cake on, and whether or not we could use the breakfast room to cut the cake. He promptly told us absolutely not, no way no how would we be allowed to use any of their space except the front entry to "make a mess he has to clean up". He gave us some paper plates after much sighing and rolling his eyes and when he was asked for some forks his attitude really came out. At one point he left the front desk area mumbling under his breath and alternately singing and we all wondered if he was going to come back in the room and shoot us all dead. Save yourself the headache and stay somewhere else. Considering we were in this hotel for 3 rooms for 4 days, at $80.00 a night during the week, we were a little put out that he would not accommodate us and gave us attitude about a birthday cake.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room as their keep the smoker smell controlled where people come in. Upstairs t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. On behalf our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would also like to assure you that your comments do help us to improve our staff and service. I would like to invite you to contact our hotels general manager directly so that we may be able to help you with your past stay. again thank you so much. I do hope that you will give us another chance and opportunity to make things right.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My daughter and I were traveling to Raleigh, NC the day after a snow storm had hit the area. We decided to be on the safe side and pull off the interstate for the night. We chose Comfort Inn because it was moderately priced. I expected an average, adequate room, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Everything appeared updated and fresh. The room was comfortable, clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was not spectacular, but was satisfactory. My only suggestion is that they upgrade the flimsy plastic utensils. It is likely we will be traveling through the area again and would definitely stop at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments to tripadvisor. I will be happy to pass your comments along to our staff. Choice has updated the bedding to a truley yours bedding which is very nice and comfortable. I would also like to thank you for suggestion about our silverware these comments do help us see where improvements are needed and help get the changes made. Your voice does matter.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

the area of Beckley, west Virginia had been hit by a terrible snow storm. they got 16 inches of snow. everything was closing around the area. but, despite all the stresses, the employees were so accommodating. everyone was so helpful, cheerful, and not at all bothered by all the snow piling up. most of the choice hotels have a complimentary hot breakfast bar. none that I have ever stayed at had a girl there that came to each table , made small talk with each guest, and cleared their dishes for them. she was so cheerful. everyone there really seemed to enjoy their work. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: first floor is easily accessible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took such good care of you during a bad storm they do a great job during stressful situations. Our breakfast attendant loves talking with everyone and hearing about their trips. I look forward to having you with us again during your next trip.
Blue Mountains, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My hubby and I recently & unexpectedly spent 2 nights at this hotel due to a bad snow storm. The staff were extremely friendly and consistently went above and beyond our expectations. We would definitely stay here again on our way down south.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor because If you are on the first floor and someone is booked into...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay here at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond to accommodate your needs. we look forward to next trip down south.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Clean comfortable room with flat screen TV and upgraded sheets and pillows. Close to I-64 intersection with many restaurants close by to choose from. Very economical. Breakfast with sausage and eggs, cereal, pastry included.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank V Wayne Speedy L
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel on trip advisor.
Sauble Beach, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on our recent trip to Florida in early January 2014. We always try to stay at Comfort or Quality Inns because of their reasonable prices and above average quality. When we checked in the person at the front desk was neither friendly nor helpful. I had to ask for the seniors or AAA discount rate instead of being asked if we qualified for either. When I presented him with my Choice Privileges card he didn't seem to know much about it and made a comment that they were really not of much value and that I didn't have enough points to qualify for a free room (which was not what I had asked for anyway). He had to ask at least 3 times for the same information and I told him that that was the reason I had given him the Choice Privileges card because all my current information was on it. The room we were given was average at best with the carpet looking like it had only had a half hearted cleaning. The hallway carpet was worse. We were tired after a long day on the road and the beds were clean so we didn't complain. When I checked out the next morning I was given a copy of the bill which appeared correct so I never paid any attention to the small print in the lower left corner (my mistake). When we arrived in Florida and were settled in our winter home for a few days, I went on-line to check my Visa bill and found an additional charge of $100.00 on my bill from the Comfort Inn. I thought it was probably an honest mistake as some places get a "pre-approval" before processing the actual bill. When I called I was told that this was not an error, and that the additional $100.00 charge was for having a pet in our room (we had a small cat which we take with us). I admitted that we did but that at no time were we asked if we had a pet, nor did we see any notice saying pets were not welcome. After much time spent on the phone pleading our case, the Manager agreed to split the charge with us. I reluctantly accepted because I had signed the bill and did not read the fine print. "Buyer beware". Rest assured I will not stay at this Comfort Inn in future and will be more diligent when deciding which motel to stay at in future. I will say that the hot breakfast was good.

Room Tip: If you are used to above average quality, then this motel is probably not for you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. At check in we quote all available rooms and rates if you have AAA or ARP you do have to inform the clerks of your memberships, I would also like to apologize for not being able to pull your information from your membership card. right now our software is being updated and it is very difficult for our clerks to access our guest information form their membership cards. We have signage at our front desk that explains that we are not a pet friendly hotel. the registration card also explains that there is a extra cleaning fee when a pet is brought into a non-pet room because the room has to be specially cleaned and shampooed to ensure that our other guest with pet allergies will not become ill. we have pet friendly choice hotels in the area and would be happy to accommodate your needs as a pet owner. I do hope that you will enjoy your future stays with choice hotels.

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels