“Comfort Inn”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfort Inn”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Clean comfortable room with flat screen TV and upgraded sheets and pillows. Close to I-64 intersection with many restaurants close by to choose from. Very economical. Breakfast with sausage and eggs, cereal, pastry included.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank V Wayne Speedy L
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel on trip advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sauble Beach, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on our recent trip to Florida in early January 2014. We always try to stay at Comfort or Quality Inns because of their reasonable prices and above average quality. When we checked in the person at the front desk was neither friendly nor helpful. I had to ask for the seniors or AAA discount rate instead of being asked if we qualified for either. When I presented him with my Choice Privileges card he didn't seem to know much about it and made a comment that they were really not of much value and that I didn't have enough points to qualify for a free room (which was not what I had asked for anyway). He had to ask at least 3 times for the same information and I told him that that was the reason I had given him the Choice Privileges card because all my current information was on it. The room we were given was average at best with the carpet looking like it had only had a half hearted cleaning. The hallway carpet was worse. We were tired after a long day on the road and the beds were clean so we didn't complain. When I checked out the next morning I was given a copy of the bill which appeared correct so I never paid any attention to the small print in the lower left corner (my mistake). When we arrived in Florida and were settled in our winter home for a few days, I went on-line to check my Visa bill and found an additional charge of $100.00 on my bill from the Comfort Inn. I thought it was probably an honest mistake as some places get a "pre-approval" before processing the actual bill. When I called I was told that this was not an error, and that the additional $100.00 charge was for having a pet in our room (we had a small cat which we take with us). I admitted that we did but that at no time were we asked if we had a pet, nor did we see any notice saying pets were not welcome. After much time spent on the phone pleading our case, the Manager agreed to split the charge with us. I reluctantly accepted because I had signed the bill and did not read the fine print. "Buyer beware". Rest assured I will not stay at this Comfort Inn in future and will be more diligent when deciding which motel to stay at in future. I will say that the hot breakfast was good.

Room Tip: If you are used to above average quality, then this motel is probably not for you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. At check in we quote all available rooms and rates if you have AAA or ARP you do have to inform the clerks of your memberships, I would also like to apologize for not being able to pull your information from your membership card. right now our software is being updated and it is very difficult for our clerks to access our guest information form their membership cards. We have signage at our front desk that explains that we are not a pet friendly hotel. the registration card also explains that there is a extra cleaning fee when a pet is brought into a non-pet room because the room has to be specially cleaned and shampooed to ensure that our other guest with pet allergies will not become ill. we have pet friendly choice hotels in the area and would be happy to accommodate your needs as a pet owner. I do hope that you will enjoy your future stays with choice hotels.

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels

Bethlehem, GA
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great location, easily accessible from I-77. Only 15-20 minutes from Winter Place. Rooms were clean. Great hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, cereal, danishes, fruit, yogurt). Staff was VERY friendly. Only issues were coffee pot in our room wasn't cleaned after we used it and the closet door was hard to open & close (accordion door w/ no bottom track). The staff was very courteous and outgoing. Beds are very comfortable. We will definitely be back for our next ski trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor about your stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. I will be very happy to pass along all of your wonderful comments about our hotel. I apologize that about the closet door and coffee pot. We are working very to hard to make sure that our guest are well taking care of.
Vine Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have to come to this hotel twice ever other month. This is the halfway point between me and my ex husband to exchange our daughter for his visitation. The staff is extremely nice and thoughtful about everything. It's a difficult situation and to have the women there are just amazing. The rooms are always clean and sometimes there's even a batch of fresh baked cookies when you get inside. I love this place and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Beckley, WV.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BeckleyMgr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments to trip advisor concerning your stays here with us. It is a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. It will be a please to pass your comments to our staff. I am pleased to know that our staff strives to accommodate our guest needs and does their best to make our guest as comfortable as possible during their travels. we look forward to all your future stays.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good location.
Great staff.
Good room, good food.
2 nights over a week apart, same great experience both nights. We would stay again on our next trip.
We have already recommended this hotel to friends who are travelling on this route.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments to Trip Advisor concerning your stays with us, and thank you for recommending us to your friends. It is always a pleasure to see our guest happy and we do look forward to a return visit. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor I really appreciate it.
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here one night on our trip to NC. This was the second time we stopped in Beckley on a trip south and we were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. We ate at a wonderful Chinese restaurant down the road and saved leftovers for our trip. I love that the hotel offers several different types of pillows. The cleaning staff were very friendly and everyone seems to get along and help each other with their tasks. We will stay again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor about your stay at my hotel. Thank you for your kind words, we are happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We have just added an elevator this past summer and have changed our bedding, now we are on the the rooms, we will be replacing the carpet and getting new lamp shades and drapes to go with the new bedding. We are looking forward to all the new things going on at our hotel and would love to have you come back in the spring and see the new look. Thank you again for your response I really appreciate all the feedback from our guest. We use this to make sure we are doing our best.
Flatwoods, Kentucky
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here with my company and was EAT UP with BED BUGS!!!!!! I complained but was always told the general manager wasn't available. I was given $2 and a sample of Tide to compensate for being eaten alive!! I even caught one of the bugs and took it to them and I was blown off every time I tried to talk to them about the situation. I was travelling and had to spend $50 for a doctor's visit and medicine. The kitchen staff were extremely nice but the front desk personnel were rude! I, nor my company, will be using this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Sir, I am very sorry your were inconvenienced with your stay at my property, I was out of town and when I came back you had already checked out. Please contact the hotel so I can speak with you about your recent stay. It is not my intention to let anyone leave my hotel unhappy. Awaiting to hear from you.