“Upgrades are Welcome”

Comfort Inn Beckley
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stay here every year for Bridge Day and usually once in the summer. Hotel is convenient to major highways. New upgrades include rugs, paint, laundry facilities. Front desk staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms are scheduled for upgrades as well. Many restaurants in the area - and within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter, but even those rooms facing the highway are quiet. New lau...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margewimmersberger
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor about your stay at my Comfort Inn. I appreciate all of the comments and feedback, it is very important to me that we listen to the guest and try to provide their needs. We will be adding new bedding this fall and some new touches and would love for you to come and stay with us again and see all of the exciting things happening at the Comfort Inn Beckley

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here just one evening. Room was nice and clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Only two slightly bothersome things: 1 door had a descent sized gap so hallway noise was noticeable and 2 hallways smelled slightly of smoke. Other than that, very acceptable.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcdurbin
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay with us. I really appreciate all the feedback from our guest. We have recently added guest laundry and an elevator and are beginning in the fall with the rooms. Thank you for staying with us and I invite you to come back and see all the new and exciting things happening at our hotel.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The worst problem with this place stinks pretty bad. It almost smells like cat urine or cigarette smoke with air refresher sprayed. Not a pleasant odor. The staff was very rude and could not be bothered with questions. My last stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel. that's my advice. Princeton is not that far away if you want to stay with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan H

I have read your comments on Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. If you don't mind could you please contact the hotel I would like to speak with you about your comments. I don't want anyone to leave the hotel unhappy. Looking forward to hearing from you my email is gm.wv094@choicehotels.com.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Needed a halfway stop on my trip to Canada, and this inn provided needed stop. Staff were friendly, room was clean and there were many restaurants close-by. There is construction underway at the inn and my window was blocked by plastic cover. Had this been more than overnight stay it would have mattered, but for one night was no problem. The construction should make future stops better and I would not let it change my decision on staying at this inn. Breakfast was also good with helpful breakfast staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I have just read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at my hotel. I am sorry about the plastic being over your window, we were in the final stages of finishing the outside when it started raining, to keep water from getting in the building we draped the plastic up. We have been and are continuing to improve our hotel. We have added an elevator and guest laundry and in the fall will start on the bedding. I appreciate the time you took to comment and I value all input I get from the guest, this helps me know where and how we can improve. Thank you so much and I do hope you will stay with us again in the future to see all the new changes.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the last 18 mos. Our only complaints then were no elevator and the smoke smell. Those both have been addressed now. The entire hotel has been updated. They have installed elevators and eliminated the smoke smell. Love it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki C

I have read your comments to Trip Advisor and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I value all the input that I get with the stays at my hotel. We have made a lot of changes and are still making more. Our new addition of the elevator and guest laundry are a huge asset to our hotel. In the fall we will be starting to change bedding in the rooms and giving them a new look. I do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us, and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night on our way to Tennessee. The room was nice and open. All the usual amenities. I didn't try the breakfast but my wife wasn't impressed, but for a free breakfast I guess you'll have that. Tons of restaurants near by and it's located right off the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2013
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for you comments about your stay at my hotel, I appreciate all of the feed back from our guests. We are making changes to our hotel to better benefit our guests. I am sorry your wife didn't enjoy our breakfast bar, we offer a free hot breakfast consisting of 2 flavors of make your own waffels, sausage, scrambled eggs, cold cereals, fruit and danish. I would like to invite you to stay with us again in the future and see the new changes, in the fall we will be getting new bedding, we are installing an elevator and adding guest laundry. We are very excited about all the things happening at our hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel going through renovations, would have liked to have known that before making the reservation. Early morning construction noise in the hallway and contractors outside our 1st floor window.

Parking lot was somewhat noisy at night, may want to ask for 2nd floor, around back.

Rooms could have been cleaner, carpets dingy.

Basic breakfast, nothing fancy, Comfort Inn quality.

Front desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giggy

I have read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at my hotel, and would like to apologize for the noise due to the renovations that we are making, our contractors try not to disturb the guest but sometimes the noise can not be helped. While we are excited to get an elevator and guest laundry, and the outside of the hotel refinished, we are trying to keep the mess to a mininium. I do hope that you will accept my apology and if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us and see the changes that have been made.