Comfort Inn Beckley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$93
$109
$71
$63
$42
All reviewsbreakfast roombreakfast ladychoice rewardswafflesnice breakfastan older hoteloff the highwaywould stay here againsnow stormnight's restgreat stopnice place to staymyrtle beachhot breakfasthard boiled eggsone night staybed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

After a long day of driving, my elderly mother and I were anxious to check in to our final night on the road. For this trip we chose to stay at only hotels in the Choice Hotels brand. We were pleased with all of the other 4 hotels on this trip but this one paled in comparison. The front desk girl that checked us in was so rude. She didn't smile, she repeatedly asked my mother for her credit card as she was struggling to find it. Later I went to the desk to get some change and the front desk was vacant--she was gone for her smoke break?! This employee is in need of some serious customer service training. I will say the breakfast was good and the woman working that room was exceptionally pleasant as well as the woman checking us out. I would not consider this hotel a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Cheryl L, I read your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at the Comfort Inn. I would like to apologize for my front desk staff unattendiness and being rude. I can assure you that is not the way our hotel does business. My staff are to be attentitive and polite to everyone and I am so sorry that you had to endure this. I would like to invite you back to our hotel there have been several changes and we would love to have a second chance. Thank you for your comments I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you GM

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located close to the highway and good restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are fine, clean but in need of some fixes and updates. All of us left with various levels of colds, most likely due to the window air conditioner. The free breakfast was great and the lady in the breakfast room was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed September 6, 2012

On our way south, and had reservations 2 hrs north of Beckley, called and found reservations at Beckley, and cancelled the other. The front desk clerks were very friendly and even had Chocolate chip cookies baked for their guests arrival! The hotel is a little outdated, the carpets dingy, but the rooms were OK. A place to sleep!!! Several places to eat nearby. The housekeeping staff needs to dress in uniforms, and cleanup a bit, they tended to hang at the back door so they could smoke, is why the hallways, and lobby smell like smoke! The room is dated, and needs a good remodel, the only new item is the flat screen tv. Breakfast is a continental breakfast that is usually served at hotels. Bagels, waffles, and the thawed out muffins, and danishes. Serves as breakfast, and glad it was free!

Room Tip: First floor away from the pool and away from the lobby area!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for the past few years, but this last time did it for me. I went to breakfast before 8:00, so I didn't bother to put the do not disturb tag out. I have never had to that early. When I got back around 8:20, I found my door propped open and a cleaning guy nearby. I got pretty ticked and asked him why my door was open. He gave a lame excuse about thinking I checked out. Didn't add up with him leaving my door ajar because he was working on another room. While checking out, I spoke with the manager. She said she would look into it. Never heard from her. I complained to corporate, but it went nowhere. Breakfast was nothing to brag about. Typical carb laden meal. Up to this hotel, I had never seen a tip jar in the breakfast area for the help either. They definitely need a makeover from the bottom up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mikeandwife91
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were traveling south and stayed here overnight. Luckily we made reservations because there was a large group staying here.
The hotel did what we wanted - a clean hotel off the freeway. It was a bit high, but that seemed true of all hotels in the area.
We went to get some breakfast and it was very crowded - again the group.
Everyone was friendly. The only one that was a bit crabby was at check in - maybe it was too late for her. Otherwise just fine.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family