“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Dayton, Kentucky
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is a little older but has very nice rooms and friendly staff. It is close to the main highway and several decent restaurants. Also, close to the historical downtown area. Had free wifi and comfortable beds. Down the hill from the main building but you could park in front of your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
REGINA W, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beckley, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Lots of our guests that travel with a pet like the convenience of the outside entrances so that they can park close to the room. We are lucky to have both interior and exterior entrances so our guests can choose. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Burlington, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Pre-booked a one night stay coming through the area.No problems finding or checking in. Our room had a king bed, fridge, safe and microwave as well as the usual items. Also had free wi-fi and a stuffed recliner!! It was very quiet and clean. Only the pillows were uncomfortable.
Breakfast was donuts, boiled eggs, 2 cereals, toast, oatmeal, oranges, and OJ. It was a 3 out of 5 as free breakfasts go. Not a fancy place, but adequate. There were several restaurants in a short walking distance as well as a cemetery next door (now that is quiet!!) No views.
We had an inside room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheaptravel_10
REGINA W, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beckley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our facility. I do hope you come back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off, let me tell you that this is the type of motel my wife NEVER lets me stop at when she's traveling with me. But then again, the dog, my current road companion, doesn't give a flip about truckers, bikers, or open-to-the-outside rooms. She is happy with a nice strip of grass somewhere close to the door, and a decent meal. This motel is an aging beast that likely will not last another 50 years, but it's survived so far. Just the basics here, and little else. The bed was decent, as was the shower, but if you're a big guy (or gal) you'll need 3 bath towels, if you get my meaning. Cigarette burns on the sink in a NS room (I hate that), ratty carpets and a few cobwebs, but at least relatively quiet. Right off the interstate and close to bad, er fast food, so there you go. Stop for a discount coupon at a rest stop before you stop here, and you'll be OK for the nite. And bring the dog, it's a no-charge deal. You're on your own if you bring the wife.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor for easy access to the car, but if you want the extra peace of mind, ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
I would like to thank you for your comments about our motel. We are in the midst of a remodeling project to freshen up the look of our rooms. I do hope you will stay again soon.
Grand Island, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Scary dark place...

The lobby looked OK when we checked in. They told us that our room was just around the corner. That corner turned out to be down the hill into another building. The light above the doors were so dim, you could not even read the room numbers. The rooms were from the 1970's, smelled bad and we did not feel safe AT ALL. We opted to stay there to begin with because they were "pet friendly."

I went back up to the office and told them we were not staying. They were very reluctant to give us credit back, but I demanded it.

We ran away as fast as we could!

Room Tip: There are plenty other pet friendly hotels in that town. Keep looking!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
I am sorry you were not happy with our facility. We do have rooms with interior and exterior entrances to choose from if you feel safer with an interior corridor and have lots of people staying with pets in either one.

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel one night on a trip from NY state to FL. I chose it because it promotes itself as very pet friendly. This is definitely true and there were many other pet owners staying at the hotel as well. I was extremely happy with the hotel's location, next to a very nice cemetery which was great for dog walking and also along side a very nice church and neighborhood which was also good for walking. I also appreciated the in-room small refrigerator and freezer as I tend to bring food with me. It was a very comfortable stay for a single woman
and yellow lab !

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments about our motel. We are so happy that you and your lab enjoyed your stay. The cemetery next door is such a great place to take a relaxing walk in the evening. Please do come again soon.
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had never stayed in an EconoLodge before this stay. We chose it for the price. We arrived very late at night and were greeted by a really friendly clerk. He got us checked in and gave us very clear directions to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed 3 nights. Breakfast was OK. There are several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim N
I am happy that you choose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit to Beckley. I hope you return soon.
Scottdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I made a reservation, and when we got to the motel they could not find it so they gave us a different room and told us we must have booked a room at a different hotel. When we got home I checked my statement and found they charged us twice. Now I am having problems getting one of the charges removed. The corporate Econolodge wont fix it, they can only lodge a complaint with the beckley econolodge. Anyone staying at econolodge better make sure they only put one charge on their account I also have to agree with the other people that complained about the rooms smelling like dogs, it was terrible. Breakfast was decent but we stayed in the rear building and they are not connected and it was pouring down rain so we got soaked walking to get breakfast because they do not have enough parking in front. Pick another hotel if you can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert O
Again I do apologize for the issue with your credit card and fixed this the same day it was brought to my attention. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay.