“Very pet friendly motel”

Econo Lodge Beckley
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel one night on a trip from NY state to FL. I chose it because it promotes itself as very pet friendly. This is definitely true and there were many other pet owners staying at the hotel as well. I was extremely happy with the hotel's location, next to a very nice cemetery which was great for dog walking and also along side a very nice church and neighborhood which was also good for walking. I also appreciated the in-room small refrigerator and freezer as I tend to bring food with me. It was a very comfortable stay for a single woman
and yellow lab !

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
REGINA W, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our motel. We are so happy that you and your lab enjoyed your stay. The cemetery next door is such a great place to take a relaxing walk in the evening. Please do come again soon.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Beckley

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had never stayed in an EconoLodge before this stay. We chose it for the price. We arrived very late at night and were greeted by a really friendly clerk. He got us checked in and gave us very clear directions to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed 3 nights. Breakfast was OK. There are several restaurants nearby.

1  Thank Kim N

I am happy that you choose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit to Beckley. I hope you return soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I made a reservation, and when we got to the motel they could not find it so they gave us a different room and told us we must have booked a room at a different hotel. When we got home I checked my statement and found they charged us twice. Now I am having problems getting one of the charges removed. The corporate Econolodge wont fix it, they can only lodge a complaint with the beckley econolodge. Anyone staying at econolodge better make sure they only put one charge on their account I also have to agree with the other people that complained about the rooms smelling like dogs, it was terrible. Breakfast was decent but we stayed in the rear building and they are not connected and it was pouring down rain so we got soaked walking to get breakfast because they do not have enough parking in front. Pick another hotel if you can.

2  Thank Robert O

Again I do apologize for the issue with your credit card and fixed this the same day it was brought to my attention. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room was very nice and large, it suprised me that it had a very comfortable recliner in it. The breakfast was allright but I would have liked bagels to. The staff was very helpful in their recommendations as to things to do and places to eat. I used to stay at Hamptons but they have gotten to priced for what you get and now have been staying at Choice Hotels and have found then better for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 91orion
REGINA W, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of our motel. We always are glad to hear that our guests were pleased with their stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Decent enough overall, good location off the highway, priced right, staff was nice enough, breakfast decent and fresh but limited items, would stay here again. Will say it is time to replace or shampoo the carpet (kept my socks on).

Room Tip: Beware no elevators
2  Thank saltygem

Thanks so much for your review of our motel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are actually remodeling rooms, having just completed 1st floor and starting on the 2nd floor in November. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Basic hotel, but clean and comfortable. We had a room with a king size bed. The room was spacious and had a recliner, mini fridge, micro, iron & ironing board, safe, blow dryer. Staff was friendly. I did not realize that a continental breakfast was included - so pleasantly surprised. Great orange juice. Only pet I ever saw was the hotel's dog napping behind the counter. No complaints. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Mexican/Southwest Restaurant across the street had yummy fajitas and margaritas! Location close to I-64/77, shopping, restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ASummer2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Beckley. Campestre is a great place to eat and so convenient to walk to. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been staying at the Econo Lodge here twice a year for the past twelve years. The staff is the same and we have never encountered a problem. Reservations are always right, food in the breakfast room is always great, prices very reasonable, and staff are friendly and accomadating. We would recommend this to any one.

Room Tip: This motel is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wanda L

Wanda it is always a pleasure to have your group here. See you again in December.