“Vacuum?”

Econo Lodge Beckley
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
“Vacuum?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Not happy with the cleanliness of room. Especially when there for three days and the only conclusion I can come up with is they don't have a vacuum or even a broom for bathroom floor?Tip- Don't take off shoes, bring own bedding.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for one night. The room and bathroom was very clean. The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked. The people at the desk were friendly and helpful. Since we were not looking for any frills it was nice not to be forced to pay for it. Very reasonable price ! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I'm traveling with my cat so my options are usually limited, but I would never stay here again. I stopped at several hotels first but they were booked or didn't allow pets. The Country Inn recommended this place. when i arrived, there was a line six people deep at the front desk for the one person on duty. It took a while, but I got a king room on the first floor of the back building for around $70. Parked right in front of my room so unloading was fast.

The room was just nasty. I wish now I'd asked for a refund and just kept going on the interstate. It didn't smell good and there were stains and what looked like barely cleaned crusty spots on the carpet. I think a dog peed down the wall in the bathroom. I kept my shoes on except when I got in the bed.

The bed was lumpy and the pillows were ridiculously hard. Thankfully, the bedding seemed clean but there were cigarette burn holes in the blanket. This is a non-smoking room, I guess they switched the blankets around. The climate control was loud but worked well, the mini fridge cycled on and off noisily all night. The outside noise (talking, suitcases rolling, car doors slamming) level started at around 5am, but I was awake anyway.

After a restless night, I was glad to get out of there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelGirl-RedCar

Travelers are raving about these Beckley hotels

McMurray, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Elliotts Whitewater Bar Restaurant in this Econo Lodge....Excellent Food......Econo Lodge is a good hotel especially if traveling with your pet. No Frills - but clean and friendly.......Good green space for walking your dog also. Dairy Queen next door also.

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Econo Lodge, Beckley WV proved to be a basic, no frills motel with basic amenities. Rooms were clean but worn. You could see light coming from around the door which may have allowed the spider to enter the room that I had to dispose of. Most channels on the television appeared to have poor reception. Free breakfast included bagels, doughnuts hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee and tea. This motel does allow pets which helped to keep it from getting a poor rating.

Lewis Center, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed an overnight here on our way home from the beach. I was trying to save a few bucks. I ended up wishing I had forked out the extra money. Sheets were really rough. Door was totally scratched up where someone left there dog unattended, which made me wonder if all the stains on the carpet were from a dog. We were given a key that didnt work, then got a double room instead of a king. The room was not the cleanest, which made us feel gross all night. Breakfast was nice and the lady attendant in the breakfast room was very pleasant. There are several other hotels right nearby. I would try those.

Chicago, ILL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hi there all! No super fun witty review this time as this place left ol Fran in the dumps. We had tried to reserve a couple of times over the phone only to have it ring through to the fax machine. I wish we had listened to our inner gut. I also wish we had a smart phone to look up other options. We were recommended this hotel by a friend of ours and apparently it is pet friendly or whatever. We didn't have any dogs with surgery or cats with rollerskates, but we did have several concerns about this location. I honestly agree with Bob that the hotel is a $50 hotel, and not a $100 hotel. We were charged $94 when it was all said and done. PLEASE NOTE: There is a $1.50 safe charge you have to request to be removed at checkout for a microwave-sized safe. Our room had the same stained recliner, live and dead bugs, and a chunk of something in the bathroom that kept my partner out of the shower that other reviews have noted. I just "heeled it down" and washed up. I keep looking at my credit card bill and shaking my head. We had stays in several other hotels (including a Hampton Inn in Panama City that was top-notch) for the same or less money with much more quality for value. Maybe we had a bad room or everyone was having an off day, but I would suggest that other travelers check out some of the other options available as there are many at this exit. Verdict: Frowny Franny.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms across the street at a different Choice Hotel.