“Excellent One Night Stay”

Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a nine hour drive and knew I didn't want to do it all in one night after a long day at work, so I booked a night at this Sleep Inn at the last minute the day before I left. I pulled off the highway at almost midnight and nearly missed the turn in. I had no idea what to expect of a hotel like this in what felt like the middle of nowhere, but I was impressed. For a very reasonable/inexpensive rate, the hotel was very nice and my stay included a basic continental breakfast. The lobby and room looked like they had recently been redone. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite.

My only complaints are that the room was a bit humid, and the AC didn't seem to help much, and there was mold on the frame of the shower door.

I would definitely stay here again for a night just passing through.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us! We are very happy you enjoyed your room! We will use the comments you gave us to improve the service we provide to our guests. Please contact me so I can Thank you myself ! Hope to see you again! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night while on business in Beckley. the rate was great, the staff was super friendly. as choice members we were granted a 2 pm checkout (Wonderful, the prior sleep inn only gave us til noon). the breakfast was good, typical complimentary items plus biscuits and gravy. the room was clean, newly renovated and we slept well. the A/C unit was great, it had a much better thermostat than your typical hotel. the only thing to make sure of is to have the safe fee removed from the bill when you check out. would stay here again, would have rated it 5 star except that I save that for luxury type places. the price was great also.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

So happy to hear you found our staff considerate and friendly. We strive to give every guest a great experience at our hotel. Thank you again ! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I travel to this area regular and I have stayed at this motel before but this time the rooms were so loud I had great difficulty sleeping.I would not not stay at this motel for any length of time ,the rooms were adequate but the bathroom tiny almost unable to turn around in.

Room Tip: Good location but priced higher than average related to no amenities
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your saisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feeback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Sincerely
Geraldine Hornsby
Office Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to spend a weekend in southern West Virginia and picked this as our "overnight" sleeping choice. We really liked the layout of the hotel. Our bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom was a little different (sliding door to get in, deep corner shower, sink in the room) but the room served its purpose. We liked their breakfast option and the location near Beckley. Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed you stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My review will be similar to many of the other positive reviews listed earlier. Yes, the bathroom is small, but adequate. Yes, the shower door allows water to run onto the floor, but the shower had hot water and good pressure. Anyone using the sink area adjacent to and open to the beds would disrupt anyone still trying to sleep or watch the TV.

The TV was large enough for the room (flat screen) and choice of channels was good. The desk area was ample but when someone used the chair it cut-off passage from one side of the room to the other. Although there was no "doored" closet, there was ample room to hand clothes on the wall rack next to the desk.

"Noise" drifting from room to room was worse than average. I could easily hear sounds emanating from the next room. The door to the room also seemed to allow noise to enter the room. However, during the night, all was quiet.

Breakfast was very average. The scrambled eggs were very dry and not very tasty (couldn't eat them). The sausages were just OK. The pastries were of a low quality.

Service was very good. The desk clerk was friendly both on check-in and check-out. Parking was convenient for the room I was in (109). The door leading to the parking lot seemed to remain unlocked all night which created a safety issue.

The location of the motel was convenient to the expressway and easy to find. As others noted, you had to travel a bit to find a selection of restaurants.

The room was very clean and very bright. Everything looked new and was done tastefully.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, choose your floor choice in advance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jfew

Thank you for posting your comments about our staff and hotel. Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped over on a long drive on I-64. We had this hotel recommended by a local, and it was indeed very convenient, reasonably priced and comfortable. Easy access to New River Gorge - we went to Grandview in the evening, and then continued to the famous bridge in the morning. Great views!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

our group of golfers stayed here on our annual golf trip, everything was very clean and the breakfast was great, they had us stay in the back are so we would not distube other guests, and this was great. very friendly staff

Room Tip: they have different parts to the hotel and have workers from the area staying there, if you ask for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hankhill007
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for the kind words of praise! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you next year . Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
#1 of 1 in Fayetteville
Hampton Inn Beckley
Hampton Inn Beckley
#2 of 14 in Beckley

Been to Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley? Share your experiences!