“Very loud”

Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I travel to this area regular and I have stayed at this motel before but this time the rooms were so loud I had great difficulty sleeping.I would not not stay at this motel for any length of time ,the rooms were adequate but the bathroom tiny almost unable to turn around in.

Room Tip: Good location but priced higher than average related to no amenities
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your saisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feeback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Sincerely
Geraldine Hornsby
Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to spend a weekend in southern West Virginia and picked this as our "overnight" sleeping choice. We really liked the layout of the hotel. Our bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom was a little different (sliding door to get in, deep corner shower, sink in the room) but the room served its purpose. We liked their breakfast option and the location near Beckley. Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed you stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My review will be similar to many of the other positive reviews listed earlier. Yes, the bathroom is small, but adequate. Yes, the shower door allows water to run onto the floor, but the shower had hot water and good pressure. Anyone using the sink area adjacent to and open to the beds would disrupt anyone still trying to sleep or watch the TV.

The TV was large enough for the room (flat screen) and choice of channels was good. The desk area was ample but when someone used the chair it cut-off passage from one side of the room to the other. Although there was no "doored" closet, there was ample room to hand clothes on the wall rack next to the desk.

"Noise" drifting from room to room was worse than average. I could easily hear sounds emanating from the next room. The door to the room also seemed to allow noise to enter the room. However, during the night, all was quiet.

Breakfast was very average. The scrambled eggs were very dry and not very tasty (couldn't eat them). The sausages were just OK. The pastries were of a low quality.

Service was very good. The desk clerk was friendly both on check-in and check-out. Parking was convenient for the room I was in (109). The door leading to the parking lot seemed to remain unlocked all night which created a safety issue.

The location of the motel was convenient to the expressway and easy to find. As others noted, you had to travel a bit to find a selection of restaurants.

The room was very clean and very bright. Everything looked new and was done tastefully.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, choose your floor choice in advance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jfew

Thank you for posting your comments about our staff and hotel. Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped over on a long drive on I-64. We had this hotel recommended by a local, and it was indeed very convenient, reasonably priced and comfortable. Easy access to New River Gorge - we went to Grandview in the evening, and then continued to the famous bridge in the morning. Great views!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

our group of golfers stayed here on our annual golf trip, everything was very clean and the breakfast was great, they had us stay in the back are so we would not distube other guests, and this was great. very friendly staff

Room Tip: they have different parts to the hotel and have workers from the area staying there, if you ask for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hankhill007
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for the kind words of praise! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you next year . Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2014

(Pasted off my other review on the company web sight) I have stayed here a few times and don't know if I will again. I had a couple of concerns this trip and seem to always have a couple. I will say it was a quite nights sleep, And not a single bug, those were the good things.
The door in 209 looked like some one tried to break in. The safety lock was broken and door was damaged. When I took a shower I noticed every creavis on the shower door had black mold in it. That questioned the real cleanliness of the rest of the room I had just slept in.
I'm sure the back doors used to have an active card reader but they don't now allowing anyone to enter and stay in the stairwell... not a safe feeling.
Breakfast was a very clean area but really didn't enjoy the breakfast at all. For the price I think I will upgrade my stays for an extra 15 or so dollars.
I didn't tell anyone behind the desk for two reasons. Although the night person seemed VERY friendly the morning people behind the desk lacked. When checking out I had to stand and initiated the conversation and it was never asked how the stay was leading me to think they really didn't care anyway

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nofalt
Karen L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations but since your stay the issues have all been taken care of. Hope you will give us another chance.
Thank you Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

All the hotels in Beckley were full when we came in, and so we had the option of heading back north to mount hope or east to this location. We chose here and are happy with results. It's not too far from Beckley and our route, the hotel is clean and has breakfast. Overall I recommend it for people traveling through Beckley when Beckley is full.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank volleygirlamy

Thank you for your kind words of praise about our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will pass them along to our staff. Hope to see you again. Thank you agin Geraldine Hornsby Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Econo Lodge Beckley
#13 of 14 in Beckley
The Resort at Glade Springs
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Beckley

Been to Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley? Share your experiences!