“Customer service need to be upped.”

Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the first time I am staying in a Sleep Inn – so I was not sure what to expect. The location is either great or horrible depending on your point of view – just off the highway and very convenient – but nothing really around.

Checking in was a surreal experience. The greeting as I was entering in was very cold and unwelcoming. I could almost swear it was in the line of “what do you want?” but I don’t remember the exact wording. The attitude lifted a little as the receptionist discovered I had a reservation. She was too busy talking with what I assume is another employee (although he was out of uniform) complaining about being oversold. Things went south from there – I asked where are the elevators and was basically scolded that ”we don’t have an elevator and we use the stairs just over there” in a very condescending tone. Oh well, just saying we don’t have elevators would have been enough. My ChoiceRewards status (which means nothing I know) was not acknowledged.

I am ambivalent about the room. While the sleeping/working are was adequate size and functional, the bathroom was tiny. So tiny that it was smaller than my smallest closet I have at home. It only hold a shower and a toilet and that is that. The sink is outside the bathroom in the room. The room lacks any closets. The pillows were the softest I have had which was not conducive for good sleeping.

Breakfast was basically below average, even when considering the level of the hotel. Not much offering, nothing fresh and all seems to be coming from a bag in one form or another.

Checkout was much better than check-in. The receptionist (a different one) was courteous and pleasant to deal with.

With so many options in the area, I would probably not be back to this establishment despite the price difference.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MDDCFlyer
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

I am sorry you had a bad experience , but this definitely does'nt sound like our hotel. I hope that maybe it was another hotel. We pride ourselves in great customer service , it is high on the list of priorities. I definitely would like to follow up if you could find the time to call the Sleep Inn 304-255-4222. This kind of comment needs to be addressed and be sure i will be on it ASAP.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel for the price. The rooms are small, but very well laid out. The rooms are very modern with lots of outlets, refrigerator, microwave, flat panel tv with a great selection of channels. The room was very very clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly and professional.

The only downside is the hotel is right now to a prison... The area feels very safe but being right next to a prison is a little spooky at first but the hotel is secure with all indoor entrances.

In the morning it was a super easy drive to the New River Overlooks. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TN-610
Karen L, Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

We appreciate you responding to our online survey. I am so glad you chose Sleep Inn Beaver, WV to give us the opportunity to have you as a loyal Choice. I will let our staff know that your stay was enjoyable.

Karen Lilly

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while playing golf at Glade Springs Resort. This hotel is very clean, has a helpful staff and saves you money compared to staying at the resort. Flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for responding to the online survey , we are so pleased you were comfortable here, i will share your comments with our staff they will be encouraging to them. When in the West Virginia area please remember Sleep Inn , Beaver

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This property is conveniently located off the interstate and very clean. The breakfast is great and the staff was super friendly! I would definitely stay here again!! The unexpected surprise came when we checked out. We were each handed a bag that included a bottle of water, a bag of peanuts and a package of cheese crackers!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rita R
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Rita, thanks so much for responding to our online survey, your response is very important to us and we take all suggestions we are sure pleased that you guys were happy that is our goal . The staff here takes great pride is this property. Hope to see you again karen

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stopped in just for one night. We did not have a reservation and booked our room at midnight, but they gave us a room in their newly renovated building and it was clean and comfortable. We could still smell the new carpet and everything was new and up to date.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated section.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sean757
Karen L, Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Sean, thaks so much for responding to our online survey, with such positive feedback! We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you come our way again .

Kind Regards,

Karen Lilly

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came up for a romantic getaway staying at Sleep Inn, dinner at the Char restaurant, then an outdoor play. Dinner was lovely and the play' Honey In The Rock' was outstanding ! . The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was very accommodating . Choice hotels messed up our reservation but Mike at the front desk quickly solved the problem . The hotel is in the process of remolding all their rooms. We will definitely stay there again!! We experienced true West Virginia hospitality!

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room. There are both smoking and non smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John O
Karen L, Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

thanks for taking the time to full out our online survey with such positive feedback!! I have shared your comments with my staff and specially with Michael i have a great staff and appreciate everyone of them. We take great pride in our property and certainly that reflects in you response. Hope to see you again

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our last stop on the way back home from a long road trip. The atmosphere was light, airy and beckoned the traveler to stay a while. For your comfort, it also boasted a small outside area in the back outfitted with a picnic table and chairs. Our king-sized room located on the 1st floor was ample in size – comfortable bed – clean - good Wi Fi –plus a walk-in shower. The expansive breakfast buffet consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, variety of cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast, coffee and more. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cuz39
Karen L, General Manager at Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks so much for responding to our survey it is always nice to hear the postive things. We are continually looking for ways to better serve our guests and make our hotel feel like home.Please when you are in the area choose us and we wont disappoint you

Kind Regards,

Karen Lilly gm

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Econo Lodge Beckley
#13 of 14 in Beckley
The Resort at Glade Springs
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Beckley

Been to Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley? Share your experiences!