“Excellent rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Barboursville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Barboursville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Excellent rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had 2 king size adjacent rooms. Both were spacious; a big sofa that easily sat 3 adults. Large screen TV. Good bed. Very clean: the rooms and halls appeared to be recently painted. Quiet. The restaurant was a bit disappointing. We had been driving all day and really did not want to get back in the car but the only thing they had to offer were appetizers for dinner ( at 7:00 pm). However there were several restaurants nearby but we did have to drive. Breakfast was very average. Yes we would go there again and plan to eat elsewhere. Staff was friendly. Easy to get to hotel- right off the interstate. The price was right!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marcy k, Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you had no trouble finding us! Thanks for the review!!! We hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I travel through this this area several times a year and have tried a number of hotels in this general area. I didn't have any trouble locating the entrance, but can see why some do. You need to watch carefully for the driveway. So far this is my new favorite. As a Platinum Rewards members I received an upgrade, and a free breakfast coupon for their dining room. I was traveling with a pet, and was graciously accommodated. The interior of the hotel is very nice and clean, and the immediate grounds have some steep terrain, but plenty of flat enough space to walk a dog. I got a perfect night's sleep. What more could a traveler want? I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy that you had a great time during your stay! We appreciate your business and hope to see you with us again soon!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

When looking for a hotel in Huntington WV, we wanted something close to downtown. We decided to try the Holiday Inn near the Mall. Turned out to be a good choice. The room was just right and they worked out for us. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was clean and neat. We had breakfast on the last day and it met out needs. If we come to this area again we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a great review! We try to make every guests stay a great one. We appreciate your business!
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We seem to travel through this part of WVA frequently and have tried a number of hotels. So far this is about the best we have found. As IHG Platinum Rewards members we were given one free breakfast in their dining room which was okay considering it was free! Hotel is very nice and we had a good night's sleep. As others have mentioned it is hard to find the entrance but we will know next time as we definitely will plan another stay here...Employees were all very courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! We love that you finally found a place you enjoy! We understand that our entrance can be difficult to find, but you and past guests will be happy to hear that we are taking steps to help our guests find us more easily. Hope to see you again soon!
Sugar Land Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The continental free breakfast was the worst I have ever seen in a hotel. There were small past their prime bananas and store bought muffins. There was no juice. I guess they were trying to get you to purchase their buffet.

The hotel is poorly marked with very small signs on the road. We had to circle it to find an entrance. The rooms are new and quite functional. The location is good and everything is new.
It is close to the local mall and several chain restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
marcy k, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are so sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with everything during your recent stay with us. We try to provide great service to all of our guests. Thank you for your giving us your feedback regarding the issues that you faced, I will personally take them up with the managers. And thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to go to barboursville wv for a business meeting so I
always look for hotels on tripadvisor so this one was number 2 , so I called made reservation for 1 night king size bed . When I arrived they told me they had me down for a room with double beds , I tried to explain I made reservation and was promise a room with king size bed , but she explained they had over booked I had to keep the double bed room , the room was good but one of the beds had a stain on the sheets looked like blood or chocolate i couldn't tell Oh I thought they had free breakfast but when I went to the dining area for the buffet I had to pay but they did give me half off the price . They did have free coffee and pre- package muffins . Overall if I have to go back to barboursville wv I will not stay here

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We try to accommodate all of our guests needs and provide a “10” service. We appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and make the necessary changes to prevent this from occurring again in the future.
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Convenient to local mall and Marshall University. The football team was staying there while we stayed. My GPS took me to the back with no way to enter. Luckily as I drove around I found the entrance. It was hard to find in the dark.

The room was clean and quiet

As a Priority Club member, I was disappointed that they had no hospitality suite. I did get a bag of goodies upon check in.

I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry that you had a difficult time finding us and that as a member not all of your expectations were met. Thank you for the review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!