“Good place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Good place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and it offered all the comfort and convenience I expected with no obvious negatives to report. You can’t go wrong, but it is also not extraordinary. Maybe worth mentioning, service was very friendly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Harts, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was almost perfect, but the jets in the tub needed a thorough cleaning. This was the third year that we have stayed at this hotel and it is our favorite in the area. The rooms are consistently clean except for what I already mentioned. We enjoyed one of the small suites this year and would enjoy staying in one again. The only problem that I had with staying in the little suite was that it was on the side of the hotel where the gentleman's club is and there was a garbage truck that came to do it's job and woke us up at almost 5AM. We were there on a Friday night so I don't know how often the garbage truck comes.

The staff has always been extremely helpful, they told me we could have gotten another room when I told them about the tub. I told them that we hadn't felt like changing rooms so they gave us a small price reduction since we couldn't use the jetted tub.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marcy k, Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Congratulations on your anniversary. I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you in the future!
Edmonton AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Barboursville is a great choice for anyone traveling to the area or just passing through. I made my reservations online, and even though I was late getting in due to a flight delay, the staff was very friendly, accommodating and my room was waiting when I arrived. The hotel is in a great location, close to the mall, restaurants and entertainment. Their rooms are modern, comfortable, spacious and very clean. The free Wi-fi is great and loads quickly. Ontop of it all they offer a nice Cafe/Bar and good food. I am happy with the experience and will be staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: King rooms on the 2nd floor are a good choice :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are pleased to note that your stay at our hotel was a great one. It is our goal to ensure all our guests have a memorable stay. Thank you for your review.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel, clean, seemed very new. Great location, staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel highly. This hotel was right off the interstate and easy to find. The lobby was spacious and had cozy, comfortable furniture. Nice cafe. No free breakfast, however the breakfast buffet at 8.95 was a good bargain. Most of the breakfast entrees on the menu were a good price, competititve with restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: We had a 2 queen/non-smoking room. Spacious, nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while traveling on business. It is conveniently located close to the mall and many restaurants. Check-in was smooth, we received a free bottle of water and 50% coupons for the breakfast buffet for being Priority Club members. The room was clean and modern. Free wi-fi. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The next morning we found many delicious choices on the buffet. The fresh fruit was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is at a good neighborhood. Very close to restaurants and the Mall.
Good bar and a restaurant. Even though some of the items on the menu are not up to the mark as you would expect.
Their reception folks are very friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed February 2013
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The vacuum had clearly not been run in my room...lots of dust on the table and lamp and for the bathroom, where do I start? The bathtub didn't drain...water over my ankles during my shower which caused a lot of hair to come back up that was not mine. Some mold on the wall...more hair and crumbs on the floor(not vast amounts of crumbs but plenty to notice.) i have definitely been in worse, the lobby was great and the staff was very friendly but not the cleanliness issues concerned me. It was definitely not a thorough clean like normal when they prepped the room. I would be inclined to try the Hampton across the road...I thought access to this hotel was poor. Not well marked coming on the main roads on either side.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear my2girlz2331,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!