“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Barboursville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while traveling on business. It is conveniently located close to the mall and many restaurants. Check-in was smooth, we received a free bottle of water and 50% coupons for the breakfast buffet for being Priority Club members. The room was clean and modern. Free wi-fi. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The next morning we found many delicious choices on the buffet. The fresh fruit was great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is at a good neighborhood. Very close to restaurants and the Mall.
Good bar and a restaurant. Even though some of the items on the menu are not up to the mark as you would expect.
Their reception folks are very friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The vacuum had clearly not been run in my room...lots of dust on the table and lamp and for the bathroom, where do I start? The bathtub didn't drain...water over my ankles during my shower which caused a lot of hair to come back up that was not mine. Some mold on the wall...more hair and crumbs on the floor(not vast amounts of crumbs but plenty to notice.) i have definitely been in worse, the lobby was great and the staff was very friendly but not the cleanliness issues concerned me. It was definitely not a thorough clean like normal when they prepped the room. I would be inclined to try the Hampton across the road...I thought access to this hotel was poor. Not well marked coming on the main roads on either side.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear my2girlz2331,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am writing you this comment and any others who read this about the most disheartening experience me and my family had at the barboursville wv route 60 holiday inn from 1/16 till 1/20. I and my family and any one i talk to WILL NEVER stay at that facility again.My home was burnt and my mother my boyfriend and 5 kids were displaced, lost everything and had only the clothes on out back when we arrived at your facility. On the second night we were there they moved moved us to a different room because of noise complaints I have 5 teenagers so I understood that living in hotel room wasn't easy and the kids may have been a little loud, both things just got worse after that. On Saturday and Sunday I returned to work and my boyfriend watched the kids, every night I was told that my kids have done something else wrong. On Sunday night my daughter that was 12 was told that she could no longer use computer without an adult and that's when I wanted to speak with management and they suggested that I spoke with them in The morning. So went and spoke with 2 different members of management about all the accusations against my family I was appalled about what they attempted to accuse us of. First off my girls were 12 and 14 boys 15 17 and 22 the girls were accused of stealing a candy dish that was proved on tape not to be them. They were accused of spilling nail polish in the pool, OUR HOUSE just burnt we didn't have any nail polish they accused of egging 2 different floors that was crazy we didn't have eggs. AGAIN WE LOST EVERYTHING. When I was talking to these so called members of management they then tried to say it was the people that was staying with us only one time my niece visited and had came over no apology when the security tape proved it wasn't my kids that stole the candy dish. At this point with everything I was going to I told them I would speak to my insurance company and i no linger wanted to stay another minute in their hotel cause they continued to say that all these unfortunate events didn't happen until we arrived in the facility. I work at a large hospital in the area that employs the largest amount of people in the area I know I didn't dress well when I was there because I had nothing. I believe my family and I were discriminated against due to The way we looked and kindness of different families bringing us clothes in trash bags. I felt like they viewed me and my family as white trash that wouldn't be able to afford to be there and was only there due to my insurance paying for us to stay there. People were donating us clothes in plastic bags and I feel they thought were were trash but without those donations my kids would not have been able to go back to school. So this was our experience after the tragedy of our house burning down and us losing everything. I have always tried to stay with holiday inn when I travel because I do work everyday make decent money to support my family and we do vacation, but will no longer stay with holiday inn again. I know a lot of people and word of mouth is a huge thing believe me this isn't the last u will hear about this. Thank you for ur time.

• Stayed: January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Hopesthisworks,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. For this reason, your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Lera P

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..motel sits on a steep hill but has ample parking for semi trucks..this is probably the newsest Holiday Inn I have stayed in ,it is huge and elegant ...I was welcomed by a very freindly girl and I was welcomed as a platnum member...price was under $100..lobby was beautiful. when I got to room I was impressed it was huge clean well lit ..this place was a step above most Holiday Inns...only thing I found that was not up to par was the bathtub..it did not drain well and appeared to be mold on the sealant between tub and walls and had unfinished drywall beside tub..not sure the story on the bathroom because the rest of the room was perfect...If I am back in the area I will stay here again..Its a beautiful place with really good people hopefully they will get issue with bath fixed..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet ...ideal for a daysleeper..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we stayed here with our soccer tesm for Kohls cup championship. location is good but breakfast buffet is $8.99 a person for a usually free continental breakfast. couldnt get air to work right. beds hard. WORST VALUE EVER!

• Stayed: November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear emt892,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. I am happy that our location was suitable enough for your needs. As for the breakfast, free continental breakfast is offered at our Holiday Inn Express chains, I see that you have stayed in a Holiday Inn which is a full service hotel. They offer a variety of services and amenities such as full service restaurants and swimming pools. Every Holiday Inn hotel has a Restaurant, a relaxing Lounge and provides daily Room Service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the room may have caused during your stay. Rest assured, your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done once your travel takes you back to Barboursville, WV.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times and been pleased each time. The hotel is relatively new and a big step up from the average HIX. The lobby is large with great reading chairs near a small but nice bar. The rooms are quite nice, very well appointed and clean. Wifi works well and our only issue, a dead bulb, was promptly solved. It is also close to a wide range of restaurants and even a shopping mall. It is just an excellent stop if you are traveling on I-64. Price was reasonable.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank john s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
#7 of 12 in Huntington
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!