I have found this the best hotel in the area over the past 5 years. I am a Hilton chain fan but this HI has been my mainstay while visiting about 20 days a year on average. Most recently, my wife and I stayed at this hotel during Marshall University Graduation Week. They were at max capacity but still managed to satisfy all of my requests. A large number of the staff have been there for a fairly long time and many are students working to pay for college. They know the area restaurants and will give you honest and accurate recommendations. Fat Patty's is close by and good for burgers and other bar food. Local favorite from just off Marshall's campus to the 2nd one close to the hotel. My room was clean and ready for my arrival and did have a small issue that was taken care of quickly. The continental breakfast was convenient and adequate as one would expect. I saw a group of folks having an informal grad party off of the lobby and bar and saw that the restaurant had helped them with plates/silverware for their cake and snacks that they had brought into the hotel. Very nice of the staff to help out on a no-notice event to make it a successful celebration.
As with any business, thing aren't always smooth sailing and things happen that make us upset frequent a frequent traveler, I have learned what is or isn't within the ability for immediate resolution so easy to judge things on a single series of events. However, I have never had a problem that was ignored or given any attitude by anyone at this hotel. To all of us, there's no place like home so it is easy to not be comfortable at strange surroundings. Regardless, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Barboursville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barboursville hotel is conveniently located between Huntington and Charleston. Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Barboursville. Our hotel is located right off I-64, just 10 minutes from Huntington and a half-hour from Charleston. Families can enjoy visiting a variety of popular attractions near our hotel. Barboursville, West Virginia offers a charming downtown district with many specialty shops and restaurants, and is home to the largest shopping center in West Virginia, the Huntington Mall. Other attractions within 10 miles of our hotel include the Museum of Radio and Technology, New River Train Excursions, the Big Sandy Superstore Arena and Marshall University.If you're traveling on business to Barboursville, our hotel offers close proximity to area businesses. Within 10 miles of our hotel in Barboursville you'll find St. Mary's Hospital, BASF, CSX and Huntington Steel. Traveling is made easy during your stay because we proudly offer a complimentary shuttle to the HTS Tri-State Airport, located 25 miles away.Corporate travelers enjoy staying at our Barboursville, WV hotel because we offer high-speed Internet access, flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center to keep guests connected while on the road. Other first-rate amenities include a heated, indoor pool with a hot tub, a fitness center and an on-site restaurant. Discover premium hotel facilities and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Barboursville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Barboursville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Barboursville Hotel Barboursville
- Barboursville Holiday Inn