“No where else will do!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
pikeville
“No where else will do!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This will always be our choice hotel when coming to Huntington. The heated pool and hot tub makes the trip so relaxing when getting away for the weekend. The computer desk and office chair is extremely nice when using the laptop. The room service is great when wanting to be lazy, my husband and I would highly recommend the steak with eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast. Another plus is that the bathroom is big enough to turn around in with good counter space.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Barbousville, WV for a soccer tournament a few weeks ago. Reservations were made a week in advance for Friday and Saturday night; however, during our 4 hour drive, I asked my husband to give the hotel a heads-up that we would be arriving late. When he called he was told that NO RESERVATION WAS ON FILE, but she could get us a room for Saturday. Are you kidding me? Of course all hotels in the Barbousville area were booked due to the soccer tournament, so we ended up staying in Charleston and driving the remainder of the way in the morning.

The stay itself was fine, but losing our reservation.....very stressful.

Upon check-out Sunday morning the only bill we were aware of was for a single night. When we got home I checked our visa account, and SURPRISE they not only charged us for the Saturday we stayed, but for the additional Fri and Sat...remember, the reservation they said they didn't have! I called the hotel Monday and explained the situation, I was told the financial officer would contact me the next day and it would be taken care of. No call Tuesday or Wednesday. On Thursday my husband called, he was told that another couple (in our same soccer league) was not charged for their room, instead it was charged to our credit account. It gets better...he was also told that the hotel was going to contact the couple and only after they paid the bill would we be reimbursed! What a rip off! It's the hotels fault, but we have to wait, and what happens if the other couple doesn't pay?! They weren't too quick to post a charge to our account, but we still have not seen the reimbursement!

In addition within our soccer league, another parent that ha made reservations was told she did not have a room, and yet another parent was double billed.

Yes, they are friendly, and the facilities were clean, but if we visit Kohl's Cup next year, I bet we stay at the Comfort Inn.

As of today, we have not heard from the hotel, and I plan on contacting the corporate offices too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ridgeley, West Virginia
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I can see where some might find it a little awkward to find the road leading to the hotel from the main road, but I didn't have any trouble. The price was a little more than we usually pay, but there's nothing really exciting to write. It was an uneventful night's stay at a nice 3-star hotel. My wife and I found it to be clean, comfortable, conveniently located near the mall, and it had a heated pool and hot tub! We had a king bedroom. The room was large and also had a sofa and a wide variety of cable channels. We are not hard to please, but even if we were I think we would have been satisfied at the Holiday Inn in Barboursville.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed for one night while traveling and wow! This isn't your normal Holiday Inn... This place was huge. The entrance is a little tough to find but when you pull up, the entrance is like an airport. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with open arms. There is a huge fish tank between the lobby and the elevators. The rooms were nice. We stayed in a double double but it was more bang for our buck. The ac worked great, beds were super comfy, the view was okay, and plenty of room to move around. My only complaint that can't be fixed is there are train tracks across the street and the trains blow their horns all night.

Go check out Fat Patties restaurant down the street. It's a Marshall University staple that opened a new store in Barboursville. Best burgers you will ever have. You are close to the mall and plenty of other restaurants if you aren't a burger person. You are about 10 minutes from Huntington, WV and about 30 to 45 away from Charleston, WV. Go Herd!

This is by far a gem of a hotel. I WILL stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highway side, less train noise and better view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
wv
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night for a business trip. Overall this was a great place to stay while in the Huntington area. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel is very close to multiple restaurants and shopping. I will stay here again if ever in the Huntington area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is one of the best hotels to stay in if visiting West Virginia. The staff was awesome and very helpful. The room was very clean an the beds very comfortable. The only problem we had was there was only one trash can in the room but the next morning it was taken care of by one of the maids. Love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Best place in Huntington to stay. I'll agree that there are no great place in HT, but this is the best. It doe have a tricky driveway, but it is on a hill. Our room was very clean and the bed most comfortable. Staff was friendly at check-in and out.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!