“Great place to stay while in Huntington.”

Holiday Inn Barboursville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
wv
“Great place to stay while in Huntington.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night for a business trip. Overall this was a great place to stay while in the Huntington area. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel is very close to multiple restaurants and shopping. I will stay here again if ever in the Huntington area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is one of the best hotels to stay in if visiting West Virginia. The staff was awesome and very helpful. The room was very clean an the beds very comfortable. The only problem we had was there was only one trash can in the room but the next morning it was taken care of by one of the maids. Love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Best place in Huntington to stay. I'll agree that there are no great place in HT, but this is the best. It doe have a tricky driveway, but it is on a hill. Our room was very clean and the bed most comfortable. Staff was friendly at check-in and out.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Was in town for a funeral. Front desk staff handled reservation well and offerred a fair rate for the funeral. My folks stayed one night, my sister and I stayed 2 nights.
The front desk is definetly well trained, they know their job and are good workers for the hospitatlity industry.
The breakfast hostess was helpful to my sister when she went down to grab a couple bagels. As previous posters report, the "free" bfast is not very much, but convenient with the restaurant and bar on site.
The rooms were a sufficient size (we had 2 queens)
You can hear the trains at night, but once asleep, I did not hear them.
Typical loud A/C unit, but like trains, once asleep didn't bother me.
Lots of dining options close-by.
Negatives:
Very poor water pressure. My mom washes her hair in the sink and there was NO WAY this could be done, she had to use the tub faucet. Even the shower pressure was low so, you girls with thick hair, plan a longer shower to get it wet and rinsed out. When I made a comment about the pressure at check-out, a lady told me that the city of Barboursville limits the pressure they receive.

I think they need to do a more thorough job of vacuuming. I found an old dead bug and piece of crumb up next to the floor board behind the floor lamp near desk. That being said, I still felt like the hotel was up to standards and felt clean-overall.

If you stay here, you can expect good service, an overall clean hotel. The price always plays into the decision, and since they had a competitive rate (middle of the range I was quoted from Hampton and Comfort Inn) this seemed the best choice for us.

I'm a frequent traveler and from the above, you can see I am somewhat picky, but not over the top. I think you could be comfortable here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
IL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Visit this area every year. Have stayed at The Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn and Best Western in previous years. Now my money will go to this Holiday Inn. I always look for a CLEAN room with very clean bedding. No complaint! Housekeeping does a great job cleaning. Stayed on the 3rd floor. The bed was comfortable. The only downside is that you can hear all the noises and voices in the hallway from inside your room. Housekeeping starts knocking on doors in the morning and you can hear this too. The staff was very pleasant and checked us in promptly. Can't comment on the restaurant food, for we didn't dine in.

Room Tip: I was told that if you can get a room off the main hallways, around the corners, you won't hear...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Hard to access, hidden driveway up a steep hill. Looked nice on the web site and exterior and lobby were OK. Check-in went well, but it ends there. Hotel looks rather new from the outside, but the rooms were dreary and depressing. The beds were not made up well and I wondered if the sheets had even been changed - booger stuck to the comforter. Caulk around the bathtub had mold growing on it. Hair on the toilet. Light bulbs out. Filthy air vents. Rooms smelled very musty. Not many choices for decent hotels in the Huntington area so that might explain why they were so busy. They gave me half-off on the hot breakfast, but when I went to breakfast at 7:30 am they were out of coffee and out of orange juice! The area desperately needs

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RichardHenryLee
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stay here at the Barboursville Holiday Inn to go to HillBilly Hotdogs restaurant. It was our 2nd trip and 2nd time staying in this hotel. Super friendly staff, great pool giant sized. Very clean rooms. This hotel has easy access to most major highways and is in a small town just right for families. We are from Ohio so this is a nice short but really fun trip!! I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!