“Any port in a storm....can turn out to be quite pleasant”

Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Illinois
“Any port in a storm....can turn out to be quite pleasant”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was an unintended stop, forced upon us by a sudden turn in a weather system that ended up dumping six inches of snow on the highway. By the time we were approaching Barboursville, we knew we had to find a place fast. We called ahead and got one of the last rooms at the hotel.

Despite the influx of stressed and tired travelers, the hotel staff took care of us with swift efficiency. We slid across the parking lot to the Cracker Barrel, grateful we didn't have to drive any further for a meal.

The room was quiet and clean; it looks like it had been recently renovated.

Normally we skip the complimentary breakfast, which is usually a sticky, lukewarm mess. Not here: the area was kept spotless and the food plentiful. Don't miss the oatmeal -- they do it right here! (Must be all that Scottish heritage in the area.)

Special thanks to the maid and hotel manager who found my daughter's laptop and contacted us before we even knew it was missing. They shipped it to our address without any additional charge for their time and effort beyond the postage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Williamstown, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped for the night after driving approximately 9 hours, with no reservation. We were greeted by Max at the front desk. Max was incredibly helpful and nice. He put us in a room in record speed and made sure we were satisfied with everything. After having so-so service at most hotels, it was a nice change dealing with Max.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Fariview, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Good place to stay. Have stayed there many times and have never had an issue. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. The interstate access is very easy. Hotel is very clean and has a good breakfast selection.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Charleston, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This facility was very clean and the staff was very nice. I plan on staying here again in the near future. The location was convenient to shopping and dining and the area was safe. I felt very comforatble and had an enjoyable stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The cleaning staff at this hotel is top notch. I called the hotel after checkout as I had left a book and a reading light in my room. Upon returning to the hotel, the cleaning lady brought me my book and light; however, she also brought my coat I had left in the closet. Had she not acted, I would not have had the keys to my other vehicle when I returned home (and we were a 3.5 hour drive from home). So, I would like to thank this gracious lady who did an impeccable job. She went above and beyond to ensure everything was just as Hampton promises. We have another soccer tournament in that area this year. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stay at a lot of Hamptons and this one was average. The furnishings and decor were a little shabby and our room was probably once a smoking room because of the odor--nothing terrible but not as fresh as other Hamptons I have stayed in. Check in and check out were fine. Hotel was pretty quiet--bed and bathroom were clean. Sunday morning there were no bananas out for breakfast when I was there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This property was very quiet yet near the Interstate. Many food choices nearby and the staff was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and everything was in proper working order. The price for the room was fantastic...... I would definately stay at this property agasin!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Holiday Inn Barboursville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville? Share your experiences!