“Always enjoyable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Blackhawk is a particular favorite of ours and this visit was no exception. There were three adults who all seemed to have a taste for seafood that night. Lobster bisque and gumbo were great starters. We particularly enjoyed the mussels floating in their shells on top of the gumbo. Nice touch !

One of us ordered grouper which was as delicious as the grouper we'd had in Florida a few weeks ago. One of us had the seafood Napoleon which had grouper and I believe sea bass and ahi tuna. Again, outstanding. I had sea bass grilled & rolled in coconut over curried rice. Heaven on a plate ! All were prepared and plated expertly. Service was friendly and knowledgeable as always.

Blackhawk Grille is not cheap, but I think it's well worth the money. I'm glad it's in our area.

2  Thank kww355

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Away from the main highway and the mall, tucked back into Barboursville's quiet historic "downtown" lies this hidden gem of a place.

Wonderful food. Great service with white tablecloth formality. Beautifully appointed furnishings in an older but quaint building.

I travel a lot for work, and this is a place I always look forward to visiting whenever I have an evening in the Barboursville/Huntington area.

Food is a bit pricey (entrees range from $23 to $40), but it is worth it.

1  Thank Brant O
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Blackhawk Grille is on my go to list for business meetings and special occasions. The food is always consistently good, the steaks are never disappointing and the spinach pomegranate salad is great. They have a great wine menu and a solid selection of beers. The place is dark and on occasion the owners buddies pal around the bar and can get loud.

1  Thank 718Brian
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband took me here for Valentine's dinner although we had been here a couple of times before when we lived in Barboursville. The atmosphere is nice, with a train motif (old oak wood, lovely old historic photographs, intimate seating, wood and tile floors), low lighting which is perfect- not so low you cannot see the menu but low enough to be cozy), and adequate seating. The service was attentive yet not hovering. The service was fast and accurate. The selection of dishes is varied yet not overwhelming. They have a good list of different steaks, fish, and are known for their crab cake appetizers. My husband had the 14oz. NY Strip and I had the 6oz. filet. Both had small portions of sides (garlic mashed potatoes, shredded sauteed vegetables, and mine had asparagus. The wine list was very good and we went with a J Pinot Noir, recommended by the bartender. I also splurged and had the creme brulee for desert, which was perfectly done, although rather small. Overall, it was a lovely, romantic experience that didn't break the bank. The bill was about $130 including tax and tip, but the wine was nearly half of that, so one could get a really nice meal with just 2 glasses of wine and dessert for under $75. Overall, highly recommended if you are ever in Barboursville!

2  Thank crimedoc
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Blackhawk Grille is a great cosmopolitan restaurant in the sleepy little town of Barboursville. Nice selection of Steaks Chops and Seafood. The crab cake apps were as good as it gets. Nice wine list, attentive service and very interesting decor made for a great dining experience. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the greater Huntington, WV area.

1  Thank Cliff B