“Checked in to used room!”

Comfort Inn Barboursville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Checked in tonight. 1st room had no been cleaned after the previous guest!! Other guest was complaining about no maid service tonight as I checked in so clearly it was not just a one room mishap. Second room they tried to check me in had no working air - just a box fan! Front desk clerk (young) was not even aware of it! Wonder where the management oversight is! Traveling late so took the 3rd room offered ; otherwise would have left!

• Stayed: October 2012
gratefulguest43, General Manager at Comfort Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear 2Gsmom -

Thank you for your recent comments and stay with the Barboursville Comfort Inn. I'm very sorry to hear of the situtaion you experienced while staying with us and I'm glad that Justin, the young man from the desk, was able to get you into a room in the end that met with your satisfaction.

I've addressed these issues as it was clearly a lack of communication between our departments as to which rooms were available and which were not to be sold on that Sunday night and am confident that moving forward we will not see this same mistake happen again.

You will find an adjustment made to your stay as I was made aware of the issues but was unable to see you to discuss them before you checked out.

Again, I apologize that your stay started off with so many challenges and I hope that if you are returning to the area you stop in again so that we can do a better job in meeting your lodging needs. Please call me directly with any further concerns or if you are returning so that I can make your reservation personally and the hotel's phone number is 304-733-2122.

Cordially,

Bryan Foster
Property Support Manager - Barboursville Comfort Inn

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Was very happy with our stay. Large room, very clean & fresh, friendly staff and a great night's sleep! Reception staff were very welcoming. Breakfast room well stocked. Great to have a guest laundry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past and am staying there now. It has always been a good stay. Great staff and rooms are clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
gratefulguest43, General Manager at Comfort Inn Barboursville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank-you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to serve you.
My staff and I invite you to visit us once again.
We take extra steps in making all of our valued guests comfortable and well rested with a nice hot breakfast the following morning.
Again, Thank You for the response.
ALonzo York, GM

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I are currently in this horrible place and I can not wait to leave. First appearances just seem like it is a outdated hotel. However they have proven me wrong, it also has horrible service and accommodations.

Upon entering my room, there is obvious water damage on the walls and ceiling. I find a letter on the table informing me they will be cleaning the carpets during my stay. Basically more strangers from an outside company will be entering my room. This information was not provided up front or I would not have stayed here as I am not comfortable with this at all.

I returned from being out for a good part of the day expecting my room to be cleaned. The comforter had just been pulled up over the sheets. I also found my sons blanket and stuffed animal on the floor. I went to the front desk to have them come in to see it and the supposed executive house keeper was trying to intervene. I showed them the bed and her excuse was "the wind must have blowed it over". Seriously?!?!? What wind?? The housekeeper then proceeded to argue with me, telling me she picked my things up off the floor. Yes, argue with me!! The desk clerk just stood there and I told the housekeeper to get out of my room, now!!! The desk clerk did absolutely nothing other than wish me a great evening. What a joke!! I have yet for the manager to come see me as they supposedly were going to do.

The beds are very lumpy and the mattresses pitted. Both my children am comment that they felt like they were going to roll out into the floor. The indoor pool is ok except the ventilation is awful. Your eyes and throat burn from chlorine jut tilting in the area, not even getting in the pool.

Save your money and go elsewhere. No one at this establishment cares about your comfort or anything else for that matter.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SPhelps31

I would like to sincerely apologize for your terrible experience while at my Comfort Inn In Barboursville West Virginia.
I completely understand your frustrations and I assure proper measures have been taken to never have this happen to a future guest.
I use this trip advisor as a tool in guest relations and services to learn where I need to focus, and I am very distressed you found my hotel below expectations.
I would like to invite you personally to please use my services again and allow me to show you true hospitality. I have met with both my staff members, and I have also personally inspected the room you were in during your stay, and as I assured earlier, I have taken proper measures that this will not happen in the future,
again I appreciate your repsponse and give you my most sincere apologies.
Alonzo York, General Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2012

toilet had issues and wouldnt flush, not even water, tv would not work properly, shower head leaked, bad odor in the room and hallways, dogs barking, ticks in the room (from pets that had been there before), wifi is no better than dial up, the room ceiling was dirty from leaks, the furniture was dusty and could not have been cleaned prior to our stay. the indoor pool is only 3.5ft deep over the entire pool. good for kids but for a full grown 6ft tall adult that depth is not acceptable. i booked for 2 nights, canceled the 2nd night after being there for less than an hour. tried to book another hotel once i got there but no vacancy at the other nearby hotels. the location is good and the bed was comfortable, but there is no way i would ever stay at this hotel again. they could not pay me to stay again. horrible!!!

Room Tip: i highly suggest the nearby holiday inns and suites! best hotel i have ever been to!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rmh62408
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

In response to the complaint titled "Horrible"
It honestly sounds as if we failed you completely as one of our valued guests.
I would like to sincerely offer apologies, and to assure you this is not my standards.
I make special and sincere efforts to maintain above and beyond the standards in place from Choice Hotels International and our Hotels Management Group.
I maintain acceptable scores from our audits and inspections and also maintain and have maintained for many years a Green status from Choice Hotels international's Performance Zones Program. ('Green' means Good standing).
I Will pay special attention to my pet friendly rooms, and make certain the rooms are maintenance ready and supervise more closely to prevent this type problem.
again, I offer sincere apologies, and invite the dis-satisfied guest to please give me another chance to serve you and to regain your confidence in my Hotel, Management Group and Choice Hotels International
Alonzo York, Jr.
General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great room, great price and they love dogs. I wasn't even charged the $20 pet fee because she loved my Boston terrier. Said she can't understand a pet fee when kids can sometimes do worse than a pet and they don't charge for kids. Only issue was hair dryer didn't work but I'm sure they will get it fixed.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your kind words, and yes most, if not all my staff are pet lovers. We welcome most pets with open arms, and will give them loving attention. I cannot help but to laugh at the children comment in your note; however appropriate or not for my staff member to make this comment, I still find it a chuckle.
Please I ask that you continue to use my hotel and our services when in the area.
It was a sincere pleasure to have you as our valuable guest.
Alonzo York, General Manager.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We made reservations at this hotel and had to cancel due to a change of plans. We were given a cancellation number and was told that everything was taken care of by a very nice, incompetent Comfort Inn employee. He did not put our cancellation in and costs us over a $100 in charges. When I called the hotel to find out what was going on, I was, very politely, told "tough, get over it" . We have stayed at Comfort Inn in other places and have never been treated like we were here. Good luck with the poor customer service!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon_Ray9872
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Holiday Inn Barboursville
#4 of 12 in Huntington
Pullman Plaza Hotel
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#11 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Comfort Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!