“Great Hotel & Value”

Best Western Huntington Mall Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had never stayed at a Best Western but read other reviews on this site and chose this for our visit. I couldn't be happier. They were accommodating for early check in and with our large dogs. The décor is a little outdated but the room was clean and the staff was so nice. That is worth more than décor any day to me. They are located right off the interstate and near alot of restaurants and the mall so that is helpful. And I loved that they didn't have any breed or weight restrictions for the dogs. Also, the fee for the dogs was very reasonable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill S
DMS5800, General Manager at Best Western Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us!

Pets are part of the family and we enjoy having them as our guest.

I agree we are starting to look a little dated, we will be upgrading our bathrooms during the slower winter season.

Hope you return and let me know what you think about the improvements.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'd not stayed in a Best Western in many years, and I was very pleasantly surprised; so much so that I'll likely start considering them more often.
The room was very clean and comfortable, nothing too fancy, but the price was definitely right.
I didn't make it to the breakfast, but my parents did and were impressed with the variety.
When visiting family in the Huntington area, this is probably where I'll stay since it's walking distance to several bars and restaurants.

1  Thank MrFrump

Glad you enjoyed you stay - to take full advantage of staying at Best Western's you should enroll in our rewards program.

It is very rich with benefits and we will match your status on another lodging companies rewards program. You can join at this site: http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards.

Hope have you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If your trip requires a stop in the area, this location is very handy. There are lots of things nearby. And the exit to and from the main highway was perfect. The pool was not the prettiest spot but open and clean. The staff lacked a bit of personality, but, there were no problems at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana H

Thank you for the endorsement of our location!

Usually I hear good commits about our staff friendliness, I listen a little closer to find any associates that our not taking the extra steps to make our guest will welcome.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel was clean, the rooms were nice and roomy and staff was very friendly. The breakfast included biscuits and gray or fresh waffles along with many other items. The pool was to have closed on Sept. lst but they were still keeping it open for guests. Would definitely stay there iI returned to this area.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for review - hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights I have no complaints. The room was clean and large the bathroom was nice breakfast room was large and served a decent breakfast. Housekeeping was really nice they always stopped and said hi even I f you passed them 5 times a day. I will say there's no elevator and even though I stayed on the first floor; rm 136 my room was a haul from the doors so I can imagine if my room was on the second floor how inconvient the walk would be with luggage. They have a laundry but nowhere to fold or a table to put anything on. I didn't get to the pool. Overall n ot a bad place. The strip club a few doors away left a lot to be desired but that's git nothing to with the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank krissibx
DMS5800, General Manager at Best Western Huntington Mall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay - hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times while visiting relatives. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They are very pet friendly and you are liable to meet many new furry friends. It is an older hotel and could use a little re-vamping the hallways have a bit of a lingering smell from ancient cigarette smoke, the hallway carpet could be replaced. Have never noticed it inside the rooms. All in all a decent palce to stay for the price. also right next tothe interstate and Huntington Mall. Lots of dining choices.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the great review!

I agree about the hall carpeting - it is scheduled to be replaced this winter.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

clean quiet experience, no WiFi, beyond of sound of the highway, breakfast OK with boiled eggs, fresh waffles, cereal, biscuits n gravy, muffins coffee, 3 juices, fruits, many choices for meals nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We do offer Free internet access - I sorry you could not connect.

Michael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Holiday Inn Barboursville
#3 of 4 in Barboursville
Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Best Western Huntington Mall Inn? Share your experiences!