“Nice Experience”

Best Western Huntington Mall Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel while attending a graduation at Marshall University in Huntington. The large room was clean and the public spaces were nice. The breakfast bar was clean and well stocked. There was a flat screen TV, coffee pot, hair drier, iron and ironing board in the room. The wireless internet in our room was adequate. There are restaurants and places to shop near by. The hotel was quiet and we had a good night's sleep and felt safe there. We had some problems using our key card in the outside door and it took several attempts get the door to open. The desk clerk was apologetic, quickly fixed the problem and told us that carrying the cards too close to a cell phone could deactivate the card. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lchs65

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family stayed here for one night. The check in was smooth. I believe the rooms could be updated. The shower curtain needed to be changed or atleast washed. The shower made a very loud noise. When I called the front desk, they offered to switch our room but said that some room's pipes are louder than others. There was a strange smell in the room as well. The WiFi was good. No mattress pads on the beds. It was very noisy. We could hear talking around us. Breakfast was ok. The lady tending to the breakfast did not seem happy to be there, more annoyed. She was not friendly to those eating. Usually the breakfast attendant is friendly and more interested in the guests. Ok for one night but would not choose for a longer stay. No elevator either.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maybjc
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pros: I had a room on the first floor; there's no elevator for a second floor room. The king size bed room was huge and the tv was a flat screen with plenty of channels. Within walking distance of Outback Steakhouse and a BBQ restaurant. (Across the highway is more options i.e. Sonics.) Checkout was at noon--a definite plus. Fast WiFi.

Cons: The room smelled musty which I fixed with a travel lysol spray. The walls are so thin you can hear your neighbors...even water running for a shower/bath. The first floor rooms do not have a mini-fridge. The second floor is accessed by stairs only. The outside doors are not locked overnight; the locks appear to have been pried open. Also the in room directory includes advertisements to the local area including the "Gentleman's Club" around the corner.

Room Tip: Do you want a fridge? If so, you must stay on the second floor--not acccessible by elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LoriLions
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have king bed and plenty of space in my room. Breakfast was good, gym was ok, desk is very helpfull. What I like best is the clenliness of my room. It seems like its fairlly new or just been remodeled. Its bright, plenty of outlets, and refrige and micro were ready to go for me when I checked in. Only negative is that I found unsecure doors leading in from outside, mabey not an issue in West Virginia but it makes this philly guy nervous.

Room Tip: first floor if you have a problem with stairs, no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank evan m
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We always stay at the Best Western at the Huntington Mall when we are in Huntington. On Christmas day we were there, yes Christmas day, most all business were closed.The management at Best Western had purchased lunch meat and everything to fix sandwiches for the guest that wanted something to eat. What an awesome, thoughtful thing to do!!! The staff is always nice. Jeff was on duty that day and he was as friendly, helpful and happy as if it were just another day, the rooms are very clean, the breakfast is kept at the correct temperature. We can not say enough about this Hotel. We plan to be there in Feburary 2012 and other dates already scheduled. We have always had a great stay at this Best Western. Give this Best Western a try, see for yourself. Becky and Russ

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky R
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I drove into Barboursville after a long drive. What a great find this hotel is. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was large, clean, and comfortable. If I return to this area, I will certainly try this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Courthouse067
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Its simple great hotel with a fantastic staff!! Listen if you knew how much I have stayed in this hotel over the years you would think I was crazy but I cant help it when I have to be in that area for business this is my home for that time! They are always couteous fast and even when things become a little busy and frustrating the staff maintains professionalism and a smile its a great stay !!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Goose17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Super 8 Huntington WV
Super 8 Huntington WV
#4 of 12 in Huntington
Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston

Been to Best Western Huntington Mall Inn? Share your experiences!