“Yelm's Best Mexican Restaurant”

Puerto Vallarta Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 49 Restaurants in Yelm
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yelm is blessed with three decent Mexican restaurants; Puerto Vallarta is the largest and the best of them.

What do I base this assessment on? For one, their carne asada is the second-best in Puget Sound (only Tacoma's Moctezuma Restaurant exceeds Puerto Vallarta's) the bar is large and well-stocked with both beverages and large-screen TVs for cheering on the Seahawks, and there is comfortable outdoor seating in pleasant weather.

My wife swears by the chicken fajitas, and the samples she shared with me were indeed tasty and authentic-tasting.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were left with not many choices for dinner, and stopped here. They were very busy, and we stood in sort of a line waiting for someone to seat us. Finally, a young lady noticed us, and seated us, stating they were busier than usual. We waited for quite awhile for someone to come and take our order, the food was great, however, the service was very slow. I had not finished my meal, and asked for another beverage. By the time my beverage came, we were ready to get our check and leave. I will most likely not eat here again, and would not refer anyone.