“Love at first sight... ir at first bite, with "flan"... leaves you wanting more.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria La Gitana

Pizzeria La Gitana
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Yelm
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=yelm+pizza&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pizza&hnear=Yelm,+WA&cid=477093543635484426
Yelm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

So finally after many tires my daughter gets me to go with her, why not? I say to myself... I'm starving, Let's go! First the paintings.... one I titled "Death dancing" and a "Red horse" in a corner looking like its coming to get you.... interesting, classy. Then I ordered, after many changes of mind into which one pizza I shall order... Meantime my daughter had already ordered a "tomato salad with cheese on top".. At all this, the pure-virgen aroma of olive oil permeating the sanctuary... very inviting. I finally decide for the "vegi" pizza. Me! a meat-eater-simian-crossbreed with mongoloid-NeanderLatin- tyranoRex ordering a "vegi"? Have I gone mad? "Well, I have to work the next day... so I better keep it light" I thought to myself... the rest is "Ancient History" my friends... it was "apotheosic"! fantastically out of this world... delicious... I want more. RIght? So the Gentle-Lady there, which by now I swear there more than one of her all over the place... offers me some "postre", desert. RIght? I should have said no! One bite was all it took... now I can not sleep, well since yesterday? Ok, maybe I'm exagerating a little? But the taste of this simple delight will change your life. And if you indulge your palate, have an espresso to go with it, sort of to "wash it down"? I only look forward to go back and try one, after the other, of these juicy, flavorful, simple... pizas... one by one... until I eat them all and there is nothing left in the Menu, that I can tell when I get old to my great grand-sons... "Yeah, I remember the first one bite like it was yesterday"... and they all hear me in disbelief... Are you still reading? WHat are you waiting for?! Go there and try it yourself.... do not say I did not warned you...

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Angel Q

Yelm, Washington
“Too pricey and just so so food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had heard that they had good pizza, we were not impressed, too pricey for what you get. It was like eating cardboard with some topping, we would rather get a Papa Murphys and take it home and cook it. You could see that most of the people that came in to eat knew each other with all the hugging and pecks on the cheek.

Sorry not up to my standards for a pizza.....

• Visited March 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave111834
Yelm, Washington
“True Italian pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

After living in Italy for 6 years I can tell you this is authentic northern Italian pizza. It's great pizza. Only downside is the price. But any time me and my husband want real pizza this is where we go.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Tsprite
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Absolutely superb pizza in a small rural town...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

One of the top 5 pizzas I have ever had...small place and can get crowded at dinner time, but worth it. Top flight ingredients, very friendly service. Great thin crust pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. All fresh produce are organic, Italian flour, imported cold cuts and cheeses. When in Yelm, don't bother going anywhere else.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank thevinoman
Lacey, WA
“Amazing Pizza in Yelm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I wouldn't waste this place on my kids but it is a great gathering for adults or a date-night. Pizzas are not as filling as typical pizza and it is expensive. But the taste is well worth it. Moderate eaters will need one pizza for 3-4 people; if you are hungry it won't last past two people. A bottle of wine goes nicely. You'll still be craving another piece the next morning.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank LightSuitcase

Been to Pizzeria La Gitana? Share your experiences!