“It's a 3+”

Description: opened about 2-3 years ago
Auburn, Washington
“It's a 3+”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had lunch at the Golden Dragon today (a Saturday). I thought the food tasted good. Was it "very good"? Probably not, but it was good; I was hungry and I enjoyed it. They have a nice lunch menu with prices from $6.50 to $7.50 but for some strange reason don't offer it on weekends (they should), so I ordered off the regular menu, a combination plate with sweet & sour pork, almond fried chicken, chicken chow mein, rice, and hot tea. It was $9.50. I liked each item. There was plenty of food and I took some home for a nice snack later on. The service was fine. The place looks brand new and when I asked if the restaurant was new, was told it's been there eight years. Doesn't look it. I'd eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Roadtrip E

Lacey, Washington
“Won't be going back”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Read the other reviews. Yes, the place was clean. Yes, the lady was nice.
The food has no flavor. No veggies in the fried rice. The Bar-B-Q pork was just pork.
Even the hot mustard wasn't. Bland is a very bad word in a restaurant review.

• Visited July 2013
YELM
“good deals”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Owner is very friendly and food is great, service was excellent. They have a wonderful lunch menu with some great specials.

Visited October 2012
Yelm, Washington
“Yeah just bad”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Yeah the food is just bad, not much more i can say ..It is clean and nice and all but if the food is bad there is not much you can do about it..

Visited October 2012
Anderson Island, Washington
“Even Safeway has better Chinese food”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

What was good: I called my order in; it was ready at the time promised. What needs improvement: The quality of the food. The prawns were breaded and greasy, as was the chicken. The fried rice was dry, and any egg or vegetative manner in the recipe must have settled to the bottom of the cook pot, because my fried rice contained ONLY rice.
Summary: I've had better Chinese food at Safeway, and at half the price.
It's a shame that I can't give this a better review, because it's within walking distance, and if it were good I'd be a regular.

Visited June 2012

Been to Golden Dragon? Share your experiences!