“Hit or miss...”

Description: Opened About 2-3 Years Ago
Yelm, Washington
“Hit or miss...”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My family and I have ordered a variety of things on their menu. Some are OK, some are awful! For instance, the Wonton soup is very good and very flavorful. It's also one of the few things on their menu that is a good value. I once ordered MaPo Tofu and it was so bad that I haven't gone back. The vegetables were RAW..not crispy like in most Chinese dishes. 100% RAW. There was very little sauce and what was there was low in flavor and not bean based like most Mapo recipes. There was also peanuts in it. I've ordered this dish from many places across the U.S. and never had raw vegetables with a handful of peanuts except at this place. The kids menu is decent. If there were other options I would go here to satisfy a Chinese food craving but thankfully there are other options even in a small place like Yelm.

Service also was not that good. I ordered my food from home, showed up 30 minutes later and still had to wait another 15.

• Visited August 2011

Tacoma, WA
“Very processed Americanized Chinese food”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Way too much sauce on everything.
We had 4 in our party, and 1 person got their food 15 minutes before the rest of us. The waitress only offered to put that plate back in the kitchen until the rest of the food was ready. We weren't keen on having it come back either cold or nuked.
When we finally got our food, I couldn't eat it for all the sauce it was drowning in. I believe I had some sort of chicken dish.
I never plan on visiting again.

Visited August 2010
Eatonville, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's like redneck chinese”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My wife and I had been admiring this new restaurant from the outside for a while, and decided to try it for valentines day. We were terribly disappointed. From the outside it looks like a like an upscale restaurant, but the interior was lit up like a baseball stadium and the decor was terrble. A couple of dimmer switches and replacing the ugly vinyl booths would go a long way.
Unfortunately that's not the main problem. The food was dismal. It was like eating a chinese TV dinner - Canned sauces and overly rich food with hardly a fresh vegtable in sight. I think the sauce on the almond chicken was straight out of a soup can and the fried rice was out of a Rice-a roni box.

• Visited February 2011