“Horrible!!”

Kinja Sushi
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Yelm
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The waitress was not helpful very rude never returned to table to refill our drinks. Then there was hair on my sushi. Since the waitress didn't come by the table I had to go up to to the bar and told them that there was hair in my sushi and he had an attitude and didn't say sorry... And we had to go up to the cashier and waited for 15 minutes for us to get our receipt... She tried charging me for the 2 sushi.. No tip for her. Worst waitress and bad sushi I had way better sushi...

Reviewed May 15, 2011

The sushi quality is great, but also love their other food choices for people that don't like sushi or for kids, Great, family owned, restaurant with with very good food and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Lizard3473
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Good sushi and other Asian fare, but pretty pricey. I usually order the sushi, and have never been disappointed. My husband prefers the noodle dishes, and they come in huge servings. They also do teriyaki, but it was just mediocre.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I've been impressed to find a small town like Yelm to have a good sushi place. It's got fresh fish, and options for those who might want to try sushi, such as deep fried, or smoked salmon sushi. I have had better, but it was at a hole in the wall place in Vancouver BC where the Japanese servers only spoke Japanese, the fish was clearly fresh, and I would imagine is as close as you can get to eating sushi in Japan. I happily go to Kinja at least once a month and have no problem bringing other sushi lovers here. Highly recommend!

1  Thank MrsH2009
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Kinja has made a name for itself as Yelm's only sushi place. Its high ceilings, lovely decor, and friendly staff are all welcoming. Sit at either a table or the sushi bar. The menu consists of standard sushi, including local specials, as well as traditional Japanese fare, like udon, teriyaki, etc. We've only ever gotten the sushi because it's incredibly fresh, meticulously prepared, and delicious, but I keep promising myself to try some of those tasty-looking udon dishes.

Kinja also has an "all you can eat" lunch or dinner sushi menu which includes pretty much everything except for the super pricey items like uni or fatty tuna. I'd advise getting the all-you-can-eat ONLY if you're VERY hungry. I can never eat enough sushi to validate the $24.95 price tag, unless I get all the big rolls.

On our last visit, I ordered green mussels and they came out exquisitely. Tender, delicate, with just enough sauce to complement, not overwhelm, the meat. Kudos to Kinja, the best AND only sushi place in Yelm.

1  Thank Yelm100

Been to Kinja Sushi? Share your experiences!