“BLOWN AWAY,”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yelm
Anchorage, AK
“BLOWN AWAY,”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This room was in the newer building and had a sloping 20ft vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan, the most comfortable beds and gorgeous furnishings. The room is HUGE, there was room for all of our extra bags and plenty of room to walk around and stretch our legs. The pics on the website don't do the rooms justice, period. The amenities were top notch, good in room coffee, even the towels were extra fluffy. I can't say enough about this hotel, I was literally in shock when we opened the door, easily one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new building, it's the only way to go.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I were really looking forward to the stay here but . . . it's not what the photos portray on the website (it's not new). On the surface it looked okay once we arrived, it's definitely an old remodeled motel, and the very thin walls remain. We could hear our neighbors having a conversation, opening and closing drawers and pushing the buttons on their microwave. The shower leaked badly, which is a minimal issue as it's the hotels expense but they claimed to be a high efficiency facility. The TV froze up. And when we attempted to do our laundry, the hotel didn't have any soap so we were referred across the street to Safeway where we would have to purchase a soap suitable for high efficiency washers and would undoubtedly have to purchase a large box or bottle; certainly more than we needed to do one load of laundry.

The town of Yelm is nice and peaceful location away from the hustle and bustle of Olympia and Tacoma which is lovely. There are VERY few decent places to eat here and all the local attractions we could find were 30+ minutes away.

The rooms are accommodating and the bed was comfortable; if you're just passing through, it's likely your only option in Yelm but if you're looking for a fun and convenient place to bring your family, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: The small discount for the shower only (no bath) is nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeayPay
San Mateo, California
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Yelm Prairie Hotel was clean, new & set up nicely with their "go green" amenities. It is located next to a good, reasonable family restaurant for meals as well as other fast food eateries, drivable short distance to WalMart, & close to Ft. Lewis & McChord if you are visiting family in the military. Our nephew stationed there lives in Rainier, only 5 miles from the hotel. Area is clean, fresh, green & quiet. Staff was nice & accommodating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel was great. Nice staff, LARGE room, very clean, quiet, comfortable bed, black out curtains that actually work -perfect.

Finally an affordable, nice hotel that allows dogs. Large area for a game of fetch to help wear them out before another car ride. I will stay here again when I take my dog back down for her herddog training lessons in Roy. It would be nice if there was a continental breakfast, but the rest of the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Yelm Prarie Hotel is really nice - and pretty much the only option in this area. The rooms are no frills, but with comfortable beds, and everything is really clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Lillie30
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Was driving around at 7:30pm without a place to stay for the night, thinking I would have to drive to Olympia to find something decent. Then I saw a couple of fast food places and thought I might as well get something to eat. As I was driving around to see what all was available, I noticed the sign for the Prairie Hotel and decide to check it out. The property seemed nice from the outside and the rate was reasonable, so I checked in without seeing the room. Wow, what a surprise! Fairly large room with a King bed, desk area, and huge shower with two showerheads (one high, one low). Very clean, and very pleasantly decorated. Due to the small town location, it was also very quiet. If I had made it to Olympia, I probably would have had to settle for a hotel/motel just off the freeway. As it was, I had a long but not too unreasonable drive to visit Mt. Rainier the next day.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any reason to Yelm, but I would definitely stay in the Prairie Hotel if I did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank David T
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family lives in Olympia, WA and picked Yelm, WA as the spot for our family reunion. I was defintely surprised when we showed up at the Prairie Hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms are gorgeous. We used the conference facility to host the reunion and it went off with no problems. The conference room is beautifully designed and modern. The rooms were outstanding with pillowtop beds and 42" flat screen televisions. All the comforts you would get from a big hotel at a fraction of the price. We will never stay anywhere else when visiting our family in Olympia. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RLongview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelm
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont

Been to Prairie Hotel? Share your experiences!