“The best place to stay in Yakima”

Ledgestone Hotel Yakima
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stay here every time we visit Yakima which is once every other month. The rooms are clean! and the beds are so comfy.. I have stayed in several hotels and this is the best we stayed in the Hilton in Yakima and it dont even compare to this hotel. The only thing that I can think that it could use is a DVD player or more to use as we stayed there for Christmas and didnt have a DVD to watch a movie. But other than that its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I've been in just about all of the hotels in Yakima, and we didn't make our reservation in time to stay where we prefer to stay in Yakima so we were stuck at this hotel. First of all the staff was very impersonal, treating us as if we were "just another bank deposit." There was simply no personality...only robots. The rooms felt like operating rooms...like the staff....no personality. We thought the value paid for the value received just did not match up. This hotel was right on a major freeway, so we didn't get any sleep at all, and there were kids running all over the place with no supervision- and the staff couldn't care less. We will definitely be staying elsewhere when we come back to Yakima.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank angryparents111
Reviewed December 6, 2009

You feel like you should be paying more for this hotel. First of all, the hotel is still pretty new and everything looks and works great. The rooms are suites with a kitchenette, including a dishwasher. The bathroom is large and comfortable. The beds are a little too soft for my taste, but probably about perfect for the average traveler. The wireless internet speed is a cut above most other hotels, though it is flaky like all hotel wireless (why doesn't someone solve this problem?). The rooms have a nice atmosphere and feel much more homey and comfortable than I was expecting for the price. Only negatives are the strange smell of the room probably because everything is new, the odd ghost town quality of the entrance and front desk, and the location by the freeway. But it is hard to complain when you are getting such a great value.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We stayed here during Thanksgiving and it was too crowded at my in-laws house. This hotel is a little gem, I can't believe the quality of the hotel for the price! The hotel room was HUGE. It consists of a small kitchen with sink, mini fridge, two burners, microwave, and a small dining table. There is also a very comfortable sitting area with a couch and large flat screen, and also a flat screen in the bedroom!! What a bonus. The bathroom is large and I loved the toiletries. There's even free internet in the lobby. We booked online for $89 a night but were only charged $69. What a bargain! A better deal cannot be found in Yakima. My one grip was that the elliptical machine in the workout room was really loud and dated, but I was able to use the treadmill, no problem. There's also a flat screen in the workout room. The bed was really comfy too, and even included 4 pillows, two extra firm and one not so firm. As a side-sleeper, I really appreciated the extra firm pillow. Also, it's located right by the Yakima Visitor Center and a Wine Tasting Shop!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I could basically move in to the suite. It was nicer, and better designed, than a lot of apartments I've been in. Everything about it made our two day stay in Yakima a very pleasant experience. Bed was really comfortable and I appreciated having a good sized LCD TV in both the LR and the BR. The kitchen was very well equipped and the bathroom was really large. All in all a very attractive property and definitely one that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone who is passing through the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My wife and I and my father stayed there last weekend for two nights. The room was like everyone else described. I will mention that the kitchen did not include an oven, but did have the microwave, full refrigerator/freezer, stovetop, etc. That was fine with us, we cooked our own breakfast one morning and had breakfast with family another.

My dad slept on the hide-a-bed in the living room area. He said it was very comfortable, which is saying a lot for a hide-a-bed. So comfortable that he refused our offer to stay in the master bedroom. Our room was a disabled room very close to the elevator, since my dad has a hard time getting around these days. The shower-bathbug in that room had rails for him to hold onto so he could get in and out easier. That was very nice for him. Also, the tub was a bit shorter, so stepping in and out was easier for him.

They do not have daily room service, but the shampoo and soap that they provide was bigger then the usual hotel bottles, and I am sure if you asked for more, they would provide it. The service was very friendly.

One thing that others mentioned is the lack of a breakfast bar. I suppose not having ammenities like a swimming pool and breakfast bar keeps their cost down. But in the future, a Bob's Burgers and Brew will open up right next to the hotel. (http://www.bobsburgersandbrew.com/). Bob's B and B started off in Bellingham where I live, and has expanded to other cities. Bob's will be an excellent choice in the future for breakfast, and their Sunday brunch is about the best in Bellingham. Hopefully they will offer a discount to people staying at the hotel. Groundbreaking started in June, and should be open by Fall.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This place is like home away from home! It has everything we need for a long weekend. Target and Walmart is very near by is a plus!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple