“Would stay again in a heart beat”

Ledgestone Hotel Yakima
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Burlington, WA
“Would stay again in a heart beat”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in November and I loved it! We have a family of 4 (which include my teenager and my toddler) but it didn't feel cramped at all. The room was spacious, clean, and decorated very modern making it feel very home like. The staff was very friendly and were eager to help with anything we needed. You can easily walk next door to Bob's Burger & Brew for some great food any time of the day or wander over to Target or Big Lots across the street to get out a bit. The hotel was quiet and in a good area of town. The rates were very reasonable especially considering what you get. We travel often and this was the best bang for our buck we have found in a long time! I will look for a Ledgestone hotel or their sister hotels anytime I travel in the future!

Room Tip: Even with a family of 4, we only got a 1 queen room and it was plenty of room since the couch in the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WashingtonMom26
Ledgestone, General Manager at Ledgestone Hotel Yakima, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments! It is great to hear your suite was spacious enough for your family, as our rooms are 30% larger than the average hotel room. I am glad you like the modern, clean and comfortable feel of the suites. I am also happy to hear our staff was friendly and eager to assist you, as customer service is a priority for us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you and your family visit the area or at one of our sister properties (Aspen Hotels) in Alaska!

Sara Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cape Cod
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Very nice contemporary accommodations that included a sitting room and a fully-equipped, stocked kitchenette with a beautiful, spacious bathroom. My first apartment was smaller. The staff was pleasant and efficient, good location(easy on and off the highwa) AND a reasonable price. We were just passing through Yakima on our Northwest/West Coast road trip and were very happy to spend a night here. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ljcapecod
Thank you so much for the review and recommending us! I am delighted to hear our staff was pleasant and efficent and you felt it was a great value. I am also pleased to hear you felt Ledgestone Hotel is in a convienent location and were happy to spend the night. We strive to give our guests a memorable stay and certainly hope to welcome you back again!

Bellingham, WA
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We have always used the Oxford Suites when we visit YKM, but I thought that I'd give the Ledgestone a try, even though it's on what was the "wrong" side of town in the 90's. The property was well lit, and seemed safe, with a wise use of open landscape to prevent mischief.

The check-in was so quick that I really can't comment about attitude, before I knew it, I was walking down the hall with my key. The room was in excellent shape, with a full kitchen, [~3/4 size fridge/freezer, two burner stove, microwave and dishwasher. Nice fold-out couch. I would usually rather donate a kidney than use the fold-out, but my granddaughter and DiL won the toss, and Grandpa got the foldout. It was decent, which is MUCH better than they usually are. My DiL said that the bed was comfortable, sans 4 year old kicking her.

No pool and no breakfast, but about $15-20 cheaper than the Oxford Suites, but I still might go back to the Oxford with the grandkids, because the pool and proximity to the park, and bfast means more to them.

If I was on a business trip [the targeted customer for this property], this would definitely be my first pick... although I would still make sure my car had nothing of value visible in it. No desk clerk late at night. I called after hours once, and reached a security guard. Uncertain if he is on-property all night, if he is, that would be a strong plus, assuming he's not nose down in his smart phone like so many are nowadays.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 82nd_Airborne
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I am glad to hear you would choose Ledgestone Hotel again and the accommodations were in excellent shape. Though we do not offer a pool on site, we work closely with the YMCA and offer day passes at a nominal fee. We do have a reliable security guard on-site nightly from 1030 pm - 630 am. We have not experienced much mischief on our property, but it is always nice to have the added security. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Yakima!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ledgestone for one night on our way down to Oregon. Our first impression of the hotel on arrival was a positive one that remained true through our brief one night stay. The grounds were very well kept and the property has a new, clean and well cared for look.
Check-in: We arrived around 1:00 PM and checked in. Our room, on the top floor, was ready and our check in was prompt, courteous and done with a smile. Can’t complain at all.
The Room: Very nicely done over all. We prefer the suite set up because I am a pretty early riser and it’s nice to be able to get up and go to the living area to drink my coffee while my husband sleeps in.
- The room was very clean. No complaints there. Clearly the maid service pays attention to detail when cleaning and it shows.
- Kitchen. Perfect size and would be a great asset if anyone needed to stay there long term. There were dishes, a coffee maker, fridge, stove and other things needed to prepare a simple meal.
- Bed and Bath: The bed was comfy and the bathroom was spotless.
- Noise. The room was so peaceful. Never heard a peep of noise from any other room or even in the hall.
- Location: Right off the freeway, easy to find and close to a couple places to eat and shop. Never noticed any freeway noise so being close to the freeway was not an issue from that standpoint.
- Check-out: Quick, easy and no billing issues.

It was a pleasure to stay here and the little interaction that we had with the staff was very pleasant. Places like this make road trips a pleasure and we would certainly stay here again if ever down that way in the future. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: I always prefer a top floor so I don't have to deal with people on my ceiling.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsCombs
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about your pleasant and positive experience with us! I am pleased our staff was prompt and courteous when you interacted with them and that you noticed the hotel is well-cared for. We do take pride in our customer service and the upkeep of our hotel. I am glad to hear you found the room to be very clean, as our housekeeping staff does focus on the details. We do hope you are able to return to Yakima and spend more time so you can fully enjoy all the comforts of home at Ledgestone Hotel!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Beautiful large comfortable suites with full kitchen, granite counters, dishwasher stocked cabinets. Everything looks new and clean, and very well maintained. I was there for a bike and wine tasting event so I had my bike which was easily stored in my huge suite.
The front desk was always cheerful and gave me directions to many places I couldn't get my GPS to find!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank podant
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your clean and spacious suite and that it was perfect for your bike and wine visit. Our front desk is wonderful with recommendations and directions, so I am glad you took advantage of this (as we all know GPS can be tricky!) We hope to see you again for your next trip to Yakima!

Seattle
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way back to Seattle.

It's a nice motel. The staff was helpful and courteous. Our room was clean, quiet, with plenty of room to maneuver around in. The kitchenette was nicely appointed. Surprisingly, the in room coffee was far better than the lobby coffee. The couch and easy chair were nice touches. One could set one's feet up and relax. What my spouse was very happy with was the toilet paper stand in the bathroom. How many times have you had to blunder about in the dark trying to find the toilet paper (because you didn't want to turn on the light in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.)? Or the person who installed the toilet paper dispenser must have had triple jointed shoulders? With the stand, you could move the TP where you wanted it.
There were enough light sources so that one could read the newspaper without having to huddle around one light.
We liked how the staff provided a free copy of the local newspaper. This is a very nice touch. Too many times motels give you a copy of USA Today, which is suitable only for wrapping fish guts in or house training puppies on. You can't take a newspaper that doesn't have comics in it seriously.

There were, of course, a few negatives. This motel was very hard to locate. Even using a GPS, we drove right past the only entrance and had to turn around. A larger sign might help.
The other nit is the snooze button on the alarm clock had a light that was much too bright. We put it on the floor and that took care of that.

I don't know if they provided a complimentary breakfast or not. We didn't see it, nor did the staff mention it. And there are no breakfast restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Otherwise, next time we pass through Yakima, we'll probably stay here again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeattleMeadowlark
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you and your husband were pleased with the clean accommodations and our courteous staff. These are two of the areas we always strive to achieve perfection. We do hear from time to time that GPS does not identify us correctly. We are working with the systems to try and correct as they update their databases. We may also look into additonal directional signs. Thank you again for your comments and suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Lodestone is clean, conveniently located and well priced. Our room was a suite that was well furnished and very comfortable. I liked the new HD TV's located in both the living and bed room areas. The kitchen area is well done and would be more than adequate for someone there on an extended stay. We were there for an overnight stay however I would not hesitate to stay longer. The room rates are a bargain. The staff was helpful and their recommendations herefor places to eat were excellent. I will definitely stay there next time I travel thru Yakima.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Westolytravelers
Ledgestone, General Manager at Ledgestone Hotel Yakima, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you so much for the detailed and complimentary review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your entire experience with us, especially our friendly and knowledgeable staff! We really make every effort to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one with clean and comfotable accommodations, convienent setup in every suite for both long and short term guests and helpful and friendly staff. Thank you again and we surely look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
GM