Ledgestone Hotel Yakima
$102
$114
$111
Agoda.com
All reviewsliving roomlarge bathroomparking lotstove topextended stayfront desklaundry roomconvenient locationquiet roomgreat rateone night staygreat place to stayeasy accessoff the highwaytargetburnerpans
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ledgestone for one night on our way down to Oregon. Our first impression of the hotel on arrival was a positive one that remained true through our brief one night stay. The grounds were very well kept and the property has a new, clean and well cared for look.
Check-in: We arrived around 1:00 PM and checked in. Our room, on the top floor, was ready and our check in was prompt, courteous and done with a smile. Can’t complain at all.
The Room: Very nicely done over all. We prefer the suite set up because I am a pretty early riser and it’s nice to be able to get up and go to the living area to drink my coffee while my husband sleeps in.
- The room was very clean. No complaints there. Clearly the maid service pays attention to detail when cleaning and it shows.
- Kitchen. Perfect size and would be a great asset if anyone needed to stay there long term. There were dishes, a coffee maker, fridge, stove and other things needed to prepare a simple meal.
- Bed and Bath: The bed was comfy and the bathroom was spotless.
- Noise. The room was so peaceful. Never heard a peep of noise from any other room or even in the hall.
- Location: Right off the freeway, easy to find and close to a couple places to eat and shop. Never noticed any freeway noise so being close to the freeway was not an issue from that standpoint.
- Check-out: Quick, easy and no billing issues.

It was a pleasure to stay here and the little interaction that we had with the staff was very pleasant. Places like this make road trips a pleasure and we would certainly stay here again if ever down that way in the future. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: I always prefer a top floor so I don't have to deal with people on my ceiling.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsCombs
Ledgestone, General Manager at Ledgestone Hotel Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about your pleasant and positive experience with us! I am pleased our staff was prompt and courteous when you interacted with them and that you noticed the hotel is well-cared for. We do take pride in our customer service and the upkeep of our hotel. I am glad to hear you found the room to be very clean, as our housekeeping staff does focus on the details. We do hope you are able to return to Yakima and spend more time so you can fully enjoy all the comforts of home at Ledgestone Hotel!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Beautiful large comfortable suites with full kitchen, granite counters, dishwasher stocked cabinets. Everything looks new and clean, and very well maintained. I was there for a bike and wine tasting event so I had my bike which was easily stored in my huge suite.
The front desk was always cheerful and gave me directions to many places I couldn't get my GPS to find!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank podant

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your clean and spacious suite and that it was perfect for your bike and wine visit. Our front desk is wonderful with recommendations and directions, so I am glad you took advantage of this (as we all know GPS can be tricky!) We hope to see you again for your next trip to Yakima!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way back to Seattle.

It's a nice motel. The staff was helpful and courteous. Our room was clean, quiet, with plenty of room to maneuver around in. The kitchenette was nicely appointed. Surprisingly, the in room coffee was far better than the lobby coffee. The couch and easy chair were nice touches. One could set one's feet up and relax. What my spouse was very happy with was the toilet paper stand in the bathroom. How many times have you had to blunder about in the dark trying to find the toilet paper (because you didn't want to turn on the light in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.)? Or the person who installed the toilet paper dispenser must have had triple jointed shoulders? With the stand, you could move the TP where you wanted it.
There were enough light sources so that one could read the newspaper without having to huddle around one light.
We liked how the staff provided a free copy of the local newspaper. This is a very nice touch. Too many times motels give you a copy of USA Today, which is suitable only for wrapping fish guts in or house training puppies on. You can't take a newspaper that doesn't have comics in it seriously.

There were, of course, a few negatives. This motel was very hard to locate. Even using a GPS, we drove right past the only entrance and had to turn around. A larger sign might help.
The other nit is the snooze button on the alarm clock had a light that was much too bright. We put it on the floor and that took care of that.

I don't know if they provided a complimentary breakfast or not. We didn't see it, nor did the staff mention it. And there are no breakfast restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Otherwise, next time we pass through Yakima, we'll probably stay here again.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleMeadowlark

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you and your husband were pleased with the clean accommodations and our courteous staff. These are two of the areas we always strive to achieve perfection. We do hear from time to time that GPS does not identify us correctly. We are working with the systems to try and correct as they update their databases. We may also look into additonal directional signs. Thank you again for your comments and suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Lodestone is clean, conveniently located and well priced. Our room was a suite that was well furnished and very comfortable. I liked the new HD TV's located in both the living and bed room areas. The kitchen area is well done and would be more than adequate for someone there on an extended stay. We were there for an overnight stay however I would not hesitate to stay longer. The room rates are a bargain. The staff was helpful and their recommendations herefor places to eat were excellent. I will definitely stay there next time I travel thru Yakima.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westolytravelers
Ledgestone, General Manager at Ledgestone Hotel Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you so much for the detailed and complimentary review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your entire experience with us, especially our friendly and knowledgeable staff! We really make every effort to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one with clean and comfotable accommodations, convienent setup in every suite for both long and short term guests and helpful and friendly staff. Thank you again and we surely look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
GM

Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a stylish newish hotel in Yakima. All the rooms (I think) are suites! There is a nice kitchen with full sized fridge, a couple of burners, a dishwasher, plates, flatware, a dining table, etc. Flat screened TV's in both the living room and the bedroom. Good reading light near the bed on both sides. Sofa is really comfortable and great shower power in the bathroom. Hotel and rooms are stylishly decorated. There is no restaurant or any retail in the hotel, so if you want something halfway decent to eat, you will need to get in your car and go somewhere. My husband loved the bed; it was a little soft for my taste. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the room setup, inculding the fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable furniture, shower power and decor. All of our rooms are suites, similar to the room you stayed in. We are convienently located next to a restaurant and just a few blocks from some of the best restaurants and eateries in Yakima. I hope you were able to try some of them during your stay. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon!
GM