“Decent food, expected more”

Carousel French Cuisine
Ranked #12 of 254 Restaurants in Yakima
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carousel Restaurant adds elegance and ambiance to Yakima. Providing traditional French Cuisine and Bistro options, pairings and fine dining. We offer catering and special events as well. Reservations preferred for dining room and event availability.
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Decent food, expected more”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want a fancy meal, this place is definitely upscale. I expected the food to be a little better. It wasn't bad at all it just didn't blow me away for a more expensive place.

There were also a couple issues with the service. The first beer I was served was room temperature. It must have just been put in the frigerator. They quickly replaced it with a different cold beer so it was no big deal. Also, they forgot to bring out my appetizer until after my meal. They took it off the bill which was nice of them so overall I was satisfied with the service. Mistakes happen, and they took the effort to make things right.

As far as the food, the escargot was pretty good. The entree (roast duck) was a little disappointing both presentation and taste wise. The portion was generous but it wasn't anything I would order again. The chocolate mouse was really good. They had a decent wine selection including local wines. They also had some microbrew beers but everything was bottled (no draught beer).

If you want a quiet, romantic meal this place isn't bad. Maybe the other entees are better.

• Visited March 2013

Yakima, Washington
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have lived in Yakima for six years and thought I had eaten at all the best resturants but this one is a gem. It is very french in both decor and food. Has both Washington and French wines. The food is artistically presented and is very good. It was quite and intimate. If you like a party atmosphere this is probably not your place.

Visited October 2012
Washington State
“We left without eating”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We enjoy French and based on posted menu we made reservations. When we arrived the restaurant was nearly empty and Mama Cass was playing. Not French! The server was busy flambeeing for another table. Since my wife has many allergies we asked about ingredients. The first reaction was I'm new. Next she checked on one dis and returned saying there was a little of the allergen...but it shouldn't be a problem. Next she said the chef didn't know the ingredients in sauces. True French sauces don't need flour as thickener. We left.,

5 Thank gec718
Seattle
“Not very French”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is in a charming location. The decor could use some updating. Instead of whimsical french, it is more like visiting your granny. The wine list is great, featuring local wines in small vineyards. I think this restaurant may have potential, BUT it needs some improvement. Like in making the food spicier (use LOTS of garlic) and the sauces genuine. My peppercorn steak had a packaged gravy mix. I am pretty sure it was McCormick's packaged gravy. This is a NEVER in a French restaurant where prices are high. If necessary, simply use great butter, but using packaged gravy ruins the experience. I think this restaurant might need a new chef. How about recruit a great chef from France, and sponsor him or her for a visa. It would increase your business. Otherwise, this restaurant will not make it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank gourmetwashington
Wapato, Washington
“Good French food in Yakima”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Surprisingly good French food. Service was what it should have been. an exeptional night out.

Visited October 2011

Been to Carousel French Cuisine? Share your experiences!