“Unique and Delicious”

Carousel French Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 247 Restaurants in Yakima
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Carousel Restaurant adds elegance and ambiance to Yakima. Providing traditional French Cuisine and Bistro options, pairings and fine dining. We offer catering and special events as well. Reservations preferred for dining room and event availability.
Yakima
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique and Delicious”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Wife and I really enjoyed our time there. The service was great.
The bread they start you out with is toasted and tasty.
I ordered some escargot for an appetizer and convinced the wife to try them they were amazing and once she got over the fact that they were snail she was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed them with me.
She had the garlic shrimp with white sauce and we were very impressed with the amount of shrimp they served compared to what you may expect. Great quality!
I chose the pork tenderloin with apricot pepper sauce, its was a good choice also.

The decor and art is very nice making it cozy and warm feeling with the perfect music to compliment, made us forget we were in Yakima for the few hours we were there,

Thanks Carousel see you again some time.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Blor_Runkenstar

Yakima, Washington
“A couple of excellent dishes described in review”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you stick with these dishes, you'll love it.
1) Lamb - WOW!! This is not a rack of lamb. It's a seasoned cut of lamb. I've not had anything like it anywhere else. Covered with seasoning and absolutely fabulous.
2) Crab stuffed salmon - excellent. This is the only other dish on the menu I order for dinner. Love it.
3) Flambe salad (wilted spinach). Delicious and good show as they flame the sauce.
4) Escargot is excellent.
5) Cheesecake used to be excellent (not NY style) and very light. They've changed owners and the recipe so I'm not sure anymore but it's probably worth a try.

The other items are very good, but nothing memorable. The Rib Eye steak is good meat, but nothing special so I don't get it (yes, I've had it).

I'm not a huge fan of french onion soup, but friends seem to enjoy it.

3 Thank yakima_foodie
Selah, WA
“Carousel”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is place is tucked back on Front Street, but worth effort to find. Awesome spinach salad made tableside.

Boise, Idaho
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

It is a small and intimate restaurant in downtown Yakima. There were seven of us dining. Starting with appetizers through dessert we were all very happy with the food and service.
Both were very good...almost excellent.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank surness
yakima
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I really had high expectations given the menu and revues of this restaurant. The atmosphere was small and intimate, the decor was lovely, the waiter was snooty but not pretentious(very french) it added to the overall impression. The cocktails were good, nice winelist, great appetizers, from there things got worse. We were the only table that evening in the dining room. My wife ordered the duck, it should be medium rare with crispy skin. It was well done with the fat barely rendered off (rookie mistake). I ordered the pork tenderloin, should be served medium. The portion size was good, 3 medalions but the first one I cut into was medium well, second one was rare, and the third was well done. We both left remnants on our plates that would let the server and chef know something was amiss, but there was no questions asked. We opted for dessert, my wife loves creme brulee. The sugar was carmelized perfectly, but the custard was lacking flavor and was very heavy. For the money spent and the fact that are meals were the only ones that needed to be prepared at the time, this was a very disappointing outing.

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank itzjohn

Been to Carousel French Cuisine? Share your experiences!